WR450 Plastics HELP

Hey guys, new to the forum ! so HELLO all 

Recently picked up a 2003 WR450, been SM coveted and love everything about me bike

Only down side is i hate the rear tail light on the 03-06 models, much rather have the newer plastics, with the under tail headlight. I've been researching around and haven't found exactly the answers i need. I understand the rear sub frames are a bit different which means mounting holes are different. I found the UFO fenders are pretty much replicas which means they wont screw on. But i was curious as to whether or not the UFO plastics (with the integrated tail light) comes with wiring for it to work as a brake light as well. 

If any one has been able to put new plastic 07+ models onto older models 03-06 please guide me on your ways  

Photo of me bike and the rear tail piece im talking about :D

21981880_716961025181847_1799640168_o.jpg

22015215_716960985181851_1479544708_o_LI.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I put the ufo fender/tail light on my 05 and it does have a brake light. 

Use a steel frame 04-05 YZ rear fender kit, then mount a DRC light kit.  You'll have to cut/drill it a little for the coolant overflow bottle mounting lugs and the wire harness, but it's pretty easy. 

• Like 1

S.O.A.N.Z 

Was taken on one of the wellington wharf's (NZ) , not sure the name of the exact one but yea was just practicing some wheelies out there haha

@Summit for your 05, did you order the 05 model with the tail light? Did it come with the tail light underneath or above like the stock 03-05 models?

49 minutes ago, andrew_yang said:

S.O.A.N.Z 

Was taken on one of the wellington wharf's (NZ) , not sure the name of the exact one but yea was just practicing some wheelies out there haha

@Summit for your 05, did you order the 05 model with the tail light? Did it come with the tail light underneath or above like the stock 03-05 models?

I ordered the one for an 05. It comes with the light underneath. It also had the backer for a license plate which I cut off as I only wanted the light

Aftermarket 03-05 yz rear fender fits with some mild work. There are slim LED brake light/license plate mounts out there as well. 

snowbike.jpg