Air-Filter maint frequency

hello

just wanted to mention an observation on the airfilter on my xcfw. My previous bike was a WR250 and i'd have to clean the filter nearly every 3-4 rides, and the airbox would have a film of dust inside aswell.

But, on my newtome KTM the 4th ride and still the filter and box looks nearly as clean as the first ride (recent dust conditions have been low). This is great, cause you all know how much fun airfilter cleaning is.

I'm thinking on the WR most of the dirt was getting sucked into the airbox from all the dust the rear tire was churning up. 

Just wanted to throw this out there and hear what others have observed.

Thank you

Edited by ucandoit2

The way the ktm sucks air on my new 450 sxf anyways is from under the seat. It's awesome because your right even in the worst dust conditions the filter stays cleaner longer than any other bike I've rode.

Make sure to check around the edges of your filter with a latex glove when you reinstall to ensure it's seated correctly. My dad smoked a motor because he wasn't paying enough attention when reinstalling the filter.

• Like 1

I oil then install the screen then grease around the edge of the filter, install and once clicked into place I push with 2 fingers around the entire edge to make sure the grease seals. I keep my airbox spotless along with the rest of the bike.