Just Closed

Just Closed.
The purchase of this home in the Woodburn, Oregon area closed last Friday. I met Brandon and Elizabeth while preparing for the Ride For A Warrior Dice Ride and Raffle last May in Bend Oregon. They were great to work with and Becky Craig the buyer agent representing them was awesome!
If your looking for a good realtor in the Woodburn area.  I recommend you contact Becky.
becky@silvertonrealty.com PH: 503-873-3545

This home sold for $395k. 

Craig side.JPG

IMG_9942.JPG

IMG_9944.JPG

IMG_9947.JPG

I saw the title and was crossing my fingers that this wasn't about trails being closed. Congrats on the house. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dylans503 said:

Isn't this what Facebook is for?

Not if you actually know who Russ is, and what he does for the riding community LOL 

Joe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dylans503 said:

Isn't this what Facebook is for?

When you see this badge, it means this is a vendor that is a financially supporting member (site sponsor). In other words, the folks that mean we can bring TT free to the world. So, they have the latitude to tastefully promote their businesses. In the case of Russ, he's doing that, but if you learn more about him, you'll more appreciate his contributions to the riding in your neck of the woods. I can see your point if you're not aware however. That's why I took the time to clarify. :thumbsup:

russ.JPG

• Like 4

On 9/26/2017 at 8:47 AM, Bryan Bosch said:

When you see this badge, it means this is a vendor that is a financially supporting member (site sponsor). In other words, the folks that mean we can bring TT free to the world. So, they have the latitude to tastefully promote their businesses. In the case of Russ, he's doing that, but if you learn more about him, you'll more appreciate his contributions to the riding in your neck of the woods. I can see your point if you're not aware however. That's why I took the time to clarify. :thumbsup:

russ.JPG

So if somebody pays for add space, there allowed to further promote there business in the forums by making threads and basically posting adds? Doesn't sound tastely to me at all Bryan, but hey it's not my website.

16 minutes ago, dylans503 said:

So if somebody pays for add space, there allowed to further promote there business in the forums by making threads and basically posting adds? Doesn't sound tastely to me at all Bryan, but hey it's not my website.

Of course, you're welcome to roll over anyone's user name and add them to your ignore list (desktop). Site is free for you b/c of folks like Russ, so only you can decide if the occasional promotional post is worth the value we provide. You can certainly choose to avoid clicking into topics by authors that you don't enjoy or topics you're not interested in. So, a number of options. I hope you go to one of Russ's riding events in your area. I guarantee you'll feel differently. But, maybe not...

rh.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dylans503 said:

here ya' go.....read up a little about this man BEFORE looking a bit silly and trashing him. He bought, and donated this bike in an event HE organized and ran just last week in WA.  Oh yeah, he has done events like this ( picking up the tab too) I would say 6-7 times now over the years. 

Joe

• Like 2

I'm not sure this debate is about Russ personally like you guys make it sound. Hearing the praise you guys give him, and seeing the amount of personal sacrifice he makes for the sport, no one is going to deny he's giving the sport a good name and deserves the praise he receives. I think it's more a complaint with this site itself. 

I'm an active member on about 5 other hobby and business forums. The ones that have a regional section all have a "vendors" section pinned at the top to give threads like this one a home. Without it, threads like this just cheapen the site, IMO. If we have a need, we hit the local vendors thread first to find a common-minded individual to give our business to. 

I'm a business owner; can I buy ad space and also post here in the riding section promoting my business? I'm sure Russ and I aren't the only business owners who visit this site. What if every one of us did it? Where does it end?

This section of the forum is for WA, OR, ID and AK. There is way more to this area than just the greater Seattle area (or?) where Russ's services don't cover, and chances are, guys like us will never personally meet him, be able to benefit from his services or join in on one of his events without great planning, travel and expense. 

I come to this site for info on trails, great photos and videos, and to contribute some of my own info and media. The national politics discussions, childish trolling and product placement threads like this make TT, which is the only real trailriding site, hard to return to. It just doesn't belong. 

Mods, any chance this site could add a "vendor" sticky to the top of the regional forums?

Russ, this isn't personal at all. I have great respect for what you give to the sport. Power on. :ride:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ITLKSEZ said:

I'm not sure this debate is about Russ personally like you guys make it sound. Hearing the praise you guys give him, and seeing the amount of personal sacrifice he makes for the sport, no one is going to deny he's giving the sport a good name and deserves the praise he receives. I think it's more a complaint with this site itself. 

I'm an active member on about 5 other hobby and business forums. The ones that have a regional section all have a "vendors" section pinned at the top to give threads like this one a home. Without it, threads like this just cheapen the site, IMO. If we have a need, we hit the local vendors thread first to find a common-minded individual to give our business to. 

I'm a business owner; can I buy ad space and also post here in the riding section promoting my business? I'm sure Russ and I aren't the only business owners who visit this site. What if every one of us did it? Where does it end?

This section of the forum is for WA, OR, ID and AK. There is way more to this area than just the greater Seattle area (or?) where Russ's services don't cover, and chances are, guys like us will never personally meet him, be able to benefit from his services or join in on one of his events without great planning, travel and expense. 

I come to this site for info on trails, great photos and videos, and to contribute some of my own info and media. The national politics discussions, childish trolling and product placement threads like this make TT, which is the only real trailriding site, hard to return to. It just doesn't belong. 

Mods, any chance this site could add a "vendor" sticky to the top of the regional forums?

Russ, this isn't personal at all. I have great respect for what you give to the sport. Power on. :ride:

Thx for your feedback and suggestions. I appreciate them.

On 9/28/2017 at 0:30 AM, ITLKSEZ said:

He's actually held events all over the west. Not just Western WA. Just sayin'.

12 hours ago, schrode said:

He's actually held events all over the west. Not just Western WA. Just sayin'.

Yep....WA, OR, AZ and I think CA so far.

Joe

I agree with what ITLKSEZ said.  If Russ were advertising or promoting one of his events, that would be fair game for the NW section and would encourage him to do so, as it would be topic appropriate.  I feel advertisements like this belong elsewhere on the forum and agree that supporting vendors should have a place to do so.

• Like 2

the First person that can show me their admission fee paid here, feel free to complain. Otherwise.,.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

the First person that can show me their admission fee paid here, feel free to complain. Otherwise.,.

Show me the link to pay or donate?