Clake One Light Clutch Reviews

Just got my new toy in the mail, took about 7 weeks to arrive from down under.

20170925_173347.jpg.ba2451797dd9b98d4a5c88f230aa8590.jpg

This is the mod I am most excited about. Although the L is a big heavy DS I have been riding it more and more in tighter and increasingly harder to ride terrain. I love the idea of being able to have three fingers wrapped around the grip and just the index on the clutch.

The other issue for me is that after upgrading the clutch and putting the Barnett HD springs in it's a good bit harder to pull. Not a big deal on a short ride but after even a couple hours in the woods my left hand is about done. The is supposed to make it 75% easier to pull and only with one finger. 

Just waiting for my new fatbars to arrive then I'll get it installed and give a quick review.

• Like 1

Very good ! That should do well. I used the EBC springs which are 10% stiffer than stock which was suggested by possibly the first fella to do the mod on an LRP on advrider. Very nice pull and seems to be plenty enough compression on the clutch pack. How does that new lever make for an easy pull ? Looks like it has extra part/short lever built into it to maybe double what is being applied. Just guessing. The new lever looks like it could be a hind leg of a robotic dog ! I like. Send pics when installed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dogger said:

How does that new lever make for an easy pull ?

33 seconds in explains it

• Like 2

Yeah, think about $900 (USD) shipped to the US. Took me about 12 weeks to get mine. Still fine tuning and need to order some cams for it. Think I'm going to go like you though and go with the OLC for my 950.

Here's the 2 on the 500...

IMG_0350.jpg

• Like 1

Those look like HDB Ultimate Hand Guards. I just ordered a set and was concerned about the clearance for the OLC but it looks like there is enough room, now I can rest easy!

I love CR High or RC bars but the sweep on them was too much so I had to order a KTM bend to accommodate them, it'll take a bit of getting used to a bar that is fairly straight.

• Like 1

Been interested in the Clark setup for sometime.

Please post pics when installed.

Curious about the slave cylinder setup to actuate the cable based lever off the clutch case.

I assume lever / master cylinder, hydraulic line, slave cylinder and mounting hardware are separate parts with their own part numbers.

If possible post part numbers so those interested could duplicate your setup.

That would be appreciated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, congewe said:

If possible post part numbers so those interested could duplicate your setup.

Should be pretty straight forward, the lever assembly is here http://www.clake.com.au/prices/one-light-clutch/

Then we also need the conversion kit here http://www.clake.com.au/prices/hydraulic-conversion-kit/

That's it! The only issue I was concerned about what the cable length as I use bar risers. I asked Clake about that and they were happy to send a cable with a little extra length for no extra charge.

Might be another option to use a magura hydrolic clutch for a honda atc/trx 250r. It's very very close to fitting, I'm using the trx or atc clutch cable(nearly the same, one is slight longer) on mine, fits perfect.

• Like 1

Have had some time with the new clutch and it's awesome. I loved it right away but before posting I wanted to give it a few rides and let the honeymoon phase wear off - it hasn't, this thing rules.

I ride a good mix of double and easier single track and through the slow rougher stuff it is so nice to be able to firmly grip the bars and only have to have one finger on the clutch. It really gives you a lot more control, a lot more.

It isn't as easy to pull as I was expecting, it actually feels about the same as the stock clutch - but I had to remind myself that is comparing one finger to using your whole hand.

I'm totally sold on it for my riding style. For fire roads and street it would be essentially a huge waste of money but anyone riding woods and needing to use a significant amount of clutch control this is the ultimate clutch.

20171104_145841_1024x576.thumb.jpg.35c9fba2c4ba539c1371b21879f0f244.jpg

20171104_145851_1024x576.jpg.fbdd46863d890f89e5f2229e979700e4.jpg

20171104_150016_1024x576.jpg.8abbefe20003eeee894e5fe7fb907d29.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the review and pics.

Looks like it fits the CRF250L well.

My off road riding area here in the Pacific Northwest is tight and technical and clutching with one finger would be a big advantage.

Will be giving this up grade some serious consideration.

• Like 1

Bump.

If you are interested in a Clake then I want to advise that it can take a long time to get a response if you have any issues. I actually know the guys and they provided brilliant support until their products became well known. Since they became busy their response to emails has taken between weeks to never. 

They can be very finnicky to fit, the instructions aren't always detailed enough and sometimes you need that one-on-one communication to get it sorted. The ideal way to get hold of them is call them between 8am and 9am Monday to Friday (Melbourne time) before they hit the factory floor and can't hear the phone ringing.

I discuss some of the issues in this vid

• Like 1