Best Knee Guards/Brace? Asterisk, Mobius, etc

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a really nice knee brace. I've torn my ACL in the past and am looking for a high quality brace that will last me a long time and also offer the best protection. I've had my eyes on the Asterisk Cell and Ultra Cell as well as the Mobius. However, I'm trying to get some more feedback on what users of these braces think of them or if you have any other recommendations. I'm not concerned about the price of the brace, more so the quality, comfort, and most of all protection. 

Looking forward to your feedback, thank you

I love my Ultra Cells. I had the top of the line Fox POD braces previously and IMO the Asterisks are superior. They are far more adjustable. Which helps with getting a perfect fit. A perfect fit provides better protection and is more comfortable.

19 minutes ago, indy rider said:

I love my Ultra Cells. I had the top of the line Fox POD braces previously and IMO the Asterisks are superior. They are far more adjustable. Which helps with getting a perfect fit. A perfect fit provides better protection and is more comfortable.

Thank you for the feedback. Do the Ultra Cells slide around at all? And do you have a knee brace sleeve to hold them in place?

No, they don't slide around and yes I wear brace socks. They stay in place by themselves, I just wear brace socks for added comfort.

Edited by indy rider

Got some Asterisks many years ago. Haven't "road tested" them yet, thank goodness. Comfy enough, adjustable enough also. Remember, these are older ones. Wouldn't ride without them. Fast forward, got some Mobius X8. Put them on and after much fiddling, got a good fit. They are extremely adjustable. Much fiddling. Go riding last Saturday and couldn't tell I had them on. Fit in my boot much better because not as thick as the Asterisk. I was in heaven. For awhile. Now I'm in hell. It's name is Mobius. Followed their instruction and got the medium ones, as my knee/leg measurements were on the line between L and M, they say in that case go down not up in size. Hopefully I can adjust the hell out, as they are mucho dinero and non returnable. They are great as they stay put and don't move around like my older Asterisk. Easy to walk in, that's more important than you think, easy to go from sitting to standing, easy to grip the bike, all is well except I may have needed the large. Time will tell. Hope this helps you or anyone else looking for braces.

The new asterisk's with the straps are amazing braces. I've used asterisk for may years and updated my old lace up ones with the new ultra cells with straps a couple years back. They are wonderful and have the adjustability to be fitted to your leg. The tether that attaches to your boot is the best way to prevent external rotation of your tibia related to your femur which is a force that commonly occurs with ACL injury. IMO as a physical therapist, the asterisk with the tether attached to your boot is the safest brace for preventing ACL injury.