17 250X Rear Brake Gone

I was racing an enduro in Wendover and lost my rear brake 3/4 into the race. I thought for sure, that maybe a line was broke etc... after I got home I sprayed it off.. I noticed that the brake oil view has no oil missing. If I press the brake the entire way down, it will finally work... so is it possible that an air bubble can get in the breaking system while riding? Is this what it feels like when you do have an air bubble? I’ve never had this problem before. I’m assuming if I did have a leak, that would be obvious with oil missing etc... not really sure how to troubleshoot this one.

I was racing an enduro in Wendover and lost my rear brake 3/4 into the race. I thought for sure, that maybe a line was broke etc... after I got home I sprayed it off.. I noticed that the brake oil view has no oil missing. If I press the brake the entire way down, it will finally work... so is it possible that an air bubble can get in the breaking system while riding? Is this what it feels like when you do have an air bubble? I’ve never had this problem before. I’m assuming if I did have a leak, that would be obvious with oil missing etc... not really sure how to troubleshoot this one.

No idea but my front did it I pumped it up and it hasn't happened again. I was in vines and sticks. My theory is that a vine got in between the pads and rotor and pushed it apart. Kinda like when you change pads. It hasn't happened since. But for 30 seconds I didn't have a lick of brakes. No idea but I'd like to know if others experience this

I decided to go through the bleeding process. It took a while to get them bleeded and they have firmed up. So I believe I don’t have a failure, but don’t know for sure. Only thing I can think of is I laid it down pretty hard on that side... somehow some air got in.

During the race you drug your brake and the fluid boiled creating tiny air bubbles. Those all accumulated to one large bubble and you got a spongy brake after it cooled. Make sure your foot placement is not dragging the rear brake. This happen to me a long dual sport event of over 200 miles and many downhills that needed lots of braking. Brake fade is common if the peddle is to high for riding position, or long downhill runs where you drag both front and rear. It's more common on rear because it has less fluid in system with a shorter hose from master to slave/wheel caliper. 

• Like 3