WP AER vs Xplor forks

What are everyones thoughts on KTM air fork. I keep hearing bad reviews on them and how people just can't get them to work. Debating on buying an EXC-F rather then an XC-F just because they EXC-F doesn't have air forks. Who does the best suspension work on the eastern side of the US for the air fork as well?

First I've heard of that. These aer48 air forks are by the far the best fork I've had. You run an army d 10.3 bar when riding off road and they can still handle fat doubles then you can turn em up to 10.8 or so if you want which makes them stiffer. I'm 200 lbs and they are PLUSH .

• Like 1

Kreft moto hands down on xplor, aer or 4cs work and upgrades. Best in the biz.

A good buddy of mine has a husky te with the xplore stuff and loves it.  He also has an exc with open chamber and an xcf with 4cs and said hands down he loves the xplore stuff setup by kreft( who did his xcf too).  Id love to try the aer stuff personally over the xplore.  Keft has a really cool aer setup that lets you actually adjust the valving externally.  On an xplore or other setup that would require a teardown and adjust the stack.  That alone is why I want to try the aer setup.

5 minutes ago, shift1313 said:

Kreft moto hands down on xplor, aer or 4cs work and upgrades. Best in the biz.

A good buddy of mine has a husky te with the xplore stuff and loves it.  He also has an exc with open chamber and an xcf with 4cs and said hands down he loves the xplore stuff setup by kreft( who did his xcf too).  Id love to try the aer stuff personally over the xplore.  Keft has a really cool aer setup that lets you actually adjust the valving externally.  On an xplore or other setup that would require a teardown and adjust the stack.  That alone is why I want to try the aer setup.

Your talking about the revalve control. It creates 3 circuites for the forks. Compression, Rebound, and Revalve. It adjusts the range in which the forks operate in terms of compression and rebound tuning. So you go from one "valve" setting to what I believe is 5-6 different ranges. Pretty dope, but its also 1 grand just for forks.

• Like 1

The 99 wp extreme fork had that adjustment ,it's not actually new

10 hours ago, mog said:

The 99 wp extreme fork had that adjustment ,it's not actually new

Not a new concept but a new application and the only production fork on the market with that as an option, aftermarket or not, as far as i know.  Certainly could be wrong as it has happened a time or two before :)

The psf2 has 2 adjusters on compression , not sure how effective they are however

I have been wondering about this for a long time. I just recently purchased a set of AER forks from a TX 300 and a 2019 TE 150 that has the Explor fork. I contacted the guys down at Stillwell Performance and was advised that this is possible. The AER is about an inch longer so this means I will have to run them that distance higher through the triple trees.  I read the info from the link attached and they test riders seem to like it. I am not building the bike till later this winter so my testing will be high desert riding in February. 

https://transmoto.com.au/rider-feedback-air-vs-coil-sprung-forks/

I haded my AER forks even after spending $1000 on them, went back to my 4cs with a rework kit and revalve and i don't want to get rid of them. If i get a 19 i may try and see if i can get them to find on the bike. 

1 minute ago, TomTopDog12 said:

I haded my AER forks even after spending $1000 on them, went back to my 4cs with a rework kit and revalve and i don't want to get rid of them. If i get a 19 i may try and see if i can get them to find on the bike. 

The biggest issue I see is the length of the forks. The AER is a longer fork than the 4CS. There are kits to convert AER to conventional spring forks.

I have AER cartridges with bottom clamps if anyone wants them. Should be a direct replacement to the Xplor forks.

just fitted the mxtech mid valve and cap to my 18 AER. They are the best forks I have ridden (enduro/trail riding), they even work better than my kashima coated cone valve forks. I also have a set of xplor and they don't come close to either

• Like 1

The biggest issue I see is the length of the forks. The AER is a longer fork than the 4CS. There are kits to convert AER to conventional spring forks.
I've never understood how the shorter forks work on a ktm ,if I drop my aer even 5mm through the clamp's it becomes really twitchy

guessing you are using the 22mm clamps Marcus? I much prefer the 20mm clamps for this reason

2 hours ago, mog said:
On 12/5/2018 at 6:09 PM, Charleyrodger said:

I've never understood how the shorter forks work on a ktm ,if I drop my aer even 5mm through the clamp's it becomes really twitchy

That seems a bit odd. Usually if you lengthen the fork (wheelbase) by dropping the fork down in the triples it will add stability (less twitchy) desert riding. Raising the forks in the triples (shortening the wheelbase) makes the bike less stable (more twitchy) however the bike will turn faster. This is great for woods riding. As for the offset of the triples the say applies. Increased offset increases stability from a longer wheelbase and decrease offset creates a shorter wheelbase and quicker turning.