Monticello UT Single track ?

We'll have a crew staying at a house between Monticello and Blanding we have never rode that part of Utah but there seems to be be quite a bit of single track.

We are not atv/jeep road riders, looking for good technical single track, any one have suggestions what to hit and what not to bother with, where only there for four days.   

• Like 1

Only Vega Creek and Indian Creek will be open after October 1. There's lots of two track available but the single track is pretty limited between October 1-May 15. My parents have a cabin that they Air b'n'b between Blanding and 'Cello. I'd be curious to know if their's is where you'll be staying. As far as the whole BENM bullshit is concerned, there's not even a management plan as of yet. Secretary Zinke is rumored to be making a recommendation to shrink it to ~160,000 acres. Hopefully that'll happen soon and with any luck those 160,000 acres will be mostly on Cedar Mesa. There's nothing official yet and aside from the forest service obliterating a couple of roads and hordes of clueless tourists, we have yet to be effected by the designation.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:24 PM, SiakNiJustin said:

Only Vega Creek and Indian Creek will be open after October 1. There's lots of two track available but the single track is pretty limited between October 1-May 15. My parents have a cabin that they Air b'n'b between Blanding and 'Cello. I'd be curious to know if their's is where you'll be staying. As far as the whole BENM bullshit is concerned, there's not even a management plan as of yet. Secretary Zinke is rumored to be making a recommendation to shrink it to ~160,000 acres. Hopefully that'll happen soon and with any luck those 160,000 acres will be mostly on Cedar Mesa. There's nothing official yet and aside from the forest service obliterating a couple of roads and hordes of clueless tourists, we have yet to be effected by the designation.

Yea I only ride out there a couple times a year, last weekend being one of them and wow, lots more people than I'm used to seeing. Had a hiker girl asking me about the trails and where she should go. I told her what i knew and she was like "I had no idea all this was out here"..  I think the locals and the almost locals like myself liked it better before people knew what was out there. The saddest thing is that most people who supported this monument will have no concept of the before and after that will come with the new monument. If they did they'd realize the before was way better for pretty much everyone who actually recreates in the area. over and over again, over crowding screws stuff up and this will be another example of that.  The next Moab. yikes!

• Like 1

There’s no question that it was better before the monument talk began. Our greatest fear is that it will become another Moab and drive real estate and the cost of living to the point that we’ll no longer be able to afford living here. I fail to see how the land being overrun by tourists “protects” it.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 10:24 PM, SiakNiJustin said:

so Vega creek, rode it a long time ago but when i tried to ride it again a year or so ago I couldn't find the trail at a major wash out area. Have you been thru recently? 

• 2 months later...