Video Highlighting Some Riding done on Sunday

I'm jellous, looks like a fun place to ride the KLX

This vid is typical of the places we have to ride up hear, can be fun on the right bike, but not the DRZ. I've got a lot of racing and riding experience, but maybe I'm to old now. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucket list said:

This vid is typical of the places we have to ride up hear, can be fun on the right bike, but not the DRZ. I've got a lot of racing and riding experience, but maybe I'm to old now. lol

Never too old :thumbsup:
That looks like a lot of fun . Is this You ?  if so gnarly riding my friend . 
We have area's like that here as well . Between the ktm 350sxf ,rmz 450 and the klx400 I have, the klx is more fun to ride in trails like that for me .
 Reason I run the KLX400 out in these desert rides  is fuel capacity and consumption . Though my personal favorite is my RMZ but the oversized tank I had on was rubbing the protective coating of the forks between the triple clamps . So I use it with its stock tank on short runs or mx track . 
I'm just carrying on .Sorry about that .

Never too old
That looks like a lot of fun . Is this You ?  if so gnarly riding my friend . 
We have area's like that here as well . Between the ktm 350sxf ,rmz 450 and the klx400 I have, the klx is more fun to ride in trails like that for me .
 Reason I run the KLX400 out in these desert rides  is fuel capacity and consumption . Though my personal favorite is my RMZ but the oversized tank I had on was rubbing the protective coating of the forks between the triple clamps . So I use it with its stock tank on short runs or mx track . 
I'm just carrying on .Sorry about that .

No worries, i give you props though for wanting to ride the klx through the tight stuff, you must be young and strong.
Did you get the suspension sorted and working well?

Never too old, just need 100# bikes under us and a (more) agile body. I'm a Jarvis fan!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bucket list said:

What trails do you think the DRZ is ok for on McNutt / Blue Mtn?  B class trails?  

I'm getting back into riding after decades of not being on a dual sport.  My last several bikes were sportbikes and then 20 yrs of no riding at all.  Now I'm in my mid-50's and (as you saw in another thread) I'm looking for a DRZ.  If I get into it super hard core then maybe I'll entertain the idea of a KTM or Beta but for now, I will see how much fun I can have on a DRZ.  I'm also looking for a DR650 for longer routes with more highway transits (I'm thinking of some loop routes that include the KVR and the Whipsaw Trail).

It'll be cool to see some of the trails on McNutt.  I used to fourwheel there in my Jeep back before they closed the roads.

• Like 1

I'm heading up to Mcnutt right after work, 5pm. There is a lot of trails there you can do on the DRZ, just at my age (59) very exhausting. The club does a lot of maintianence on the trails, so that makes much of it ridable, but some of the trails are trials bikes only imo.

I've had my DRZ 2 and 1/2 years now and done many of the trails and FSR's in south west BC, just came back from a 5 day loop through the Kootney's, Whipsaw is still on my list. When you get a bike PM me and we'll go for a ride. Show you the GOOD trails at Mcnutt.

• Like 1

What trails do you think the DRZ is ok for on McNutt / Blue Mtn?  B class trails?  
I'm getting back into riding after decades of not being on a dual sport.  My last several bikes were sportbikes and then 20 yrs of no riding at all.  Now I'm in my mid-50's and (as you saw in another thread) I'm looking for a DRZ.  If I get into it super hard core then maybe I'll entertain the idea of a KTM or Beta but for now, I will see how much fun I can have on a DRZ.  I'm also looking for a DR650 for longer routes with more highway transits (I'm thinking of some loop routes that include the KVR and the Whipsaw Trail).
It'll be cool to see some of the trails on McNutt.  I used to fourwheel there in my Jeep back before they closed the roads.

I forgot to quote you.20170928_124711_HDR.jpg
I'll give you a report on how it is tonight. Since our drought and a little rain it should be great, the place can be a real muddy mess at certain times of the year.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bucket list said:

I'm heading up to Mcnutt right after work, 5pm. There is a lot of trails there you can do on the DRZ, just at my age (59) very exhausting. The club does a lot of maintianence on the trails, so that makes much of it ridable, but some of the trails are trials bikes only imo.

I've had my DRZ 2 and 1/2 years now and done many of the trails and FSR's in south west BC, just came back from a 5 day loop through the Kootney's, Whipsaw is still on my list. When you get a bike PM me and we'll go for a ride. Show you the GOOD trails at Mcnutt.

Ok, will do!  

BTW can you recommend any shops for buying pants/jacket/armour?  

20 hours ago, bucket list said:

No worries, i give you props though for wanting to ride the klx through the tight stuff, you must be young and strong.emoji123.png
Did you get the suspension sorted and working well?

Almost 37 years young  :ride:  .  Are you referring to the RMZ ? if so then I sure did . Feels great ! With the KLX all I did was Spring it for my statue , Refresh all suspension oils and adding a few cc's to the forks . I ended up not having the proper shims for the shock so I just put it back together . Feels pretty good though I still will bottom it fairly easy in jumps and G-outs but nothing that's too bothersome .

Edited by xxcody2gunsxx
  • Like 1

BTW, xxxcody, sorry for hijacking your thread with my questions about McNutt.

I'm envious of your desert terrain.  We don't have anything like that in BC (well, we have deserts in the Osoyoos area but only in a limited area).  I'd like to haul a bike down there some day to poke around.

• Like 1

Ok, will do!  

BTW can you recommend any shops for buying pants/jacket/armour?  

And i apologize to cody for the hack, but to your question.
As much as i would like support the local dealers, nobody seems to stock alot of adventure gear. So i've got a bunch of stuff from a mail order store out of Quebec called Fortnine. Their prices are good and you don't have to pay the provincial tax. There is good info and reviews to get the sizing right, i picked up a First Gear Katmandu adventure jacket that has armour in it, a true do it all jacket.
Mcnutt was in great shape, but 20 min. of throwing around this 350lbs bike through the tight rooted rocky trails, i was too exhausted to make it up this nasty section.
20170928_181044.jpg20170928_181952.jpg
I wanted to lay down in this bed of moss and ferns untill the good Lord takes me home. Lol
  • Like 2