300RR Jetting Thread

I couldn't find a resource where people have put their 300's jetting. I thought it would be good for us to compile a list of jetting that seems to be working for everyone, so people can improve their own. There are a lot of 300s out there and we can come up with a good list I presume. Let's try and keep this civil and just post our jetting.  Let's use a format like this:

Bike: 2017 Beta 300RR Race

Elevation: 3000'-6000'

Temperature: 45-70 degrees

Pilot Jet: 38

Needle and Clip: JD Blue 2nd clip

Main Jet: 162

Premix and Ratio or OI: Amsoil Dominator 50:1

How does it run: Great, no spooge and idles smooth. 

Other Modifications: Set float to 8mm and FMF Q Shorty Spark Arrestor

• Like 3

Bike: 2017 Beta 300RR Race

Elevation: 0-3000

Temperature: 40-95 degrees

Pilot Jet: 38 summer 40 winter

Needle and Clip: NEDW 3rd clip summer, NEDH 3rd winter

Main Jet: 165

Premix and Ratio or OI:  50:1

How does it run: smooth grunty power right off idle.  Very little spooge, just a little ring on the silencer end cap.

Other Modifications: float at stock height (parallel) and FMF Q Stealth Spark Arrestor

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kbro45 said:

Bike: 2017 Beta 300RR Race

Elevation: 0-3000

Temperature: 40-95 degrees

Pilot Jet: 38 summer 40 winter

Needle and Clip: NEDW 3rd clip summer, NEDH 3rd winter

Main Jet: 165

Premix and Ratio or OI:  50:1

How does it run: smooth grunty power right off idle.  Very little spooge, just a little ring on the silencer end cap.

Other Modifications: float at stock height (parallel) and FMF Q Stealth Spark Arrestor

Thanks for the input! 2017 is a heck of a bike.

• Like 1

I haven't even looked at what came stock on my 15' 300rr as far as jetting . I've just run stock jetting and been super lucky as it works great as is .. It runs a tiny bit fat stock but that's great for ugly technical as with all  bikes in the ugly technical the bike sort of heats up and runs a tad leaner. I hate that leaning out sound that my cr 250 had in those situations which is relatively common for bikes riding in those situations ...but ..I should at least drop the needle one to start. Of the 2 friends that I know with 17' ktm 2 stroke 300's they've spent some big cash trying to get their jetting right and their bike running right. Stock the bikes weren't running good according to them.  One just ended up putting a 300 top end on his 250 and finally figured out how to get it running how he likes..He said he spent a lot of money but he's finally happy now. That's with the stock carb..I think...I haven't done anything on my 300rr . The guy I rode with the other day has gone to an electron from just about brand new as the jetting wasn't good... now he's gone to a smart carb for his 17 ktm 2 stroke.. I think he has a 300? or 250... The bike sounds good. I guess that's an option for Beta too.. Some I hear in these threads have changed over.... a smart carb or a lectron but I've been good with stock. I kind of think.. like what for change carbs? but those that have will know ..not me.

I'm guessing the jetting is the same or similar from 15 to 17 300 rr's but I don't know. This is a good idea to have a jetting thread. I think there are some jetting info in different parts of some threads but not all in one place. This also might be a good place for those guys who have changed to lectron and smart carbs too.. and listing how much they cost and if it's worth the price of changing along with listing whatever tuning information etc . I've seen smart carbs being showcased to sell to Beta and husky and ktm riders just today actually on a facebook Beta site . I'm good with my stock carb but it's good for all perspectives and situations..and years of Beta for options. 

..and yea I went riding a couple of times this week and I'm still loving my Beta. The 17 Beta ought to be even better than mine. here's 2 minutes  from the other day.

Well some of this should be here..

https://www.google.com/search?q=Beta+300+rr+jetting+chart&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMzfWjv8bWAhUH7mMKHS2KDaUQsAQIMQ&biw=1496&bih=741#imgrc=_

Beta xtrainer..

Beta%20X-Trainer%20Jetting%20Chart.jpg

Here's a 2015 jetting thread..

here's a 2013 Beta 300rr jetting chart..

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1435076402.495343.jpg

The Betausa support page with all the manuals is a must too..

http://www.betausa.com/content/support

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I haven't even looked at what came stock on my 15' 300rr as far as jetting . I've just run stock jetting and been super lucky as it works great as is .. It runs a tiny bit fat stock but that's great for ugly technical as with all  bikes in the ugly technical the bike sort of heats up and runs a tad leaner. I hate that leaning out sound that my cr 250 had in those situations which is relatively common for bikes riding in those situations ...but ..I should at least drop the needle one to start. Of the 2 friends that I know with 17' ktm 2 stroke 300's they've spent some big cash trying to get their jetting right and their bike running right. Stock the bikes weren't running good according to them.  One just ended up putting a 300 top end on his 250 and finally figured out how to get it running how he likes..He said he spent a lot of money but he's finally happy now. That's with the stock carb..I think...I haven't done anything on my 300rr . The guy I rode with the other day has gone to an electron from just about brand new as the jetting wasn't good... now he's gone to a smart carb for his 17 ktm 2 stroke.. I think he has a 300? or 250... The bike sounds good. I guess that's an option for Beta too.. Some I hear in these threads have changed over.... a smart carb or a lectron but I've been good with stock. I kind of think.. like what for change carbs? but those that have will know ..not me.

I'm guessing the jetting is the same or similar from 15 to 17 300 rr's but I don't know. This is a good idea to have a jetting thread. I think there are some jetting info in different parts of some threads but not all in one place. This also might be a good place for those guys who have changed to lectron and smart carbs too.. and listing how much they cost and if it's worth the price of changing along with listing whatever tuning information etc . I've seen smart carbs being showcased to sell to Beta and husky and ktm riders just today actually on a facebook Beta site . I'm good with my stock carb but it's good for all perspectives and situations..and years of Beta for options. 

..and yea I went riding a couple of times this week and I'm still loving my Beta. The 17 Beta ought to be even better than mine. here's 2 minutes  from the other day.

I had a feeling you would screw this thread up.   As the OP stated it was supposed to just be a list of peoples jetting and how its working.  Not paragraphs of jibberish and then you pushing your youtube videos.

Maybe you could erase your post?  

Edited by kbro45
  • Like 5

On 9/26/2017 at 5:58 AM, brysonrs said:

I couldn't find a resource where people have put their 300's jetting. I thought it would be good for us to compile a list of jetting that seems to be working for everyone, so people can improve their own. There are a lot of 300s out there and we can come up with a good list I presume. Let's try and keep this civil and just post our jetting.  Let's use a format like this:

Bike: 2017 Beta 300RR Race

Elevation: 3000'-6000'

Temperature: 45-70 degrees

Pilot Jet: 38

Needle and Clip: JD Blue 2nd clip

Main Jet: 162

Premix and Ratio or OI: Amsoil Dominator 50:1

How does it run: Great, no spooge and idles smooth. 

Other Modifications: Set float to 8mm and FMF Q Shorty Spark Arrestor

When looking for references.. don't even use the Thumpertalk search option.. Google is better which is weird but it just works better. I find stuff on Google for Thumpertalk better than Thumpertalk finds stuff for thumpertalk.. So I just go there to find info first.. I know it doesn't make sense but it's better.

1 minute ago, kbro45 said:

I had a feeling you would screw this thread up.   As the OP stated it was supposed to just be a list of peoples jetting and how its working.  Not paragraphs of jibberish and then you pushing your youtube videos.

Maybe you could erase your post?  

&%$#@! you  if you don't like it get &%$#@!ed. I'm here to help and if you don't appreciate it tough. I'm giving info to help everyone and share information that helps everyone. If you don't like it leave. This is a thread for everyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brysonrs said:

My 2014 KTM was very difficult to jet and very sensitive to any changes. My 2017 Beta is a dream to jet in comparison. I got a Lectron for my KTM to get it to run decent, but still not great. I've found the JD jet kit works great for my 2017 and runs really smooth.

Thanks for your input, I hope we compile some good information.

I thought my friends would just maybe get info from other ktm owners that share info online etc.. and try that first.. but idk.. it all depends.. I don't have the newest 17 ktm so I don't know what it does or doesn't do.. I only have heard that the vibration is less and the starter is fixed..:ride:

Just now, kbro45 said:

"Let's try and keep this civil and just post our jetting. "

Yea.. you can start by being nice. I am.

05 300 EXC

.045"/1.14mm squish

200PSI

VP C12

160M
35P
N3CH #2
1.5 AS
Stock slide
"Powerwing" which makes the throttle body effectively a 35mm

This jetting works good from sea level to 10,000' with just a little blubber at elevation. 

I highly recommend the N3CH needle for any 300 including the Beta for anyone that likes to lug the motor. 

• Like 2

Here's mine  . This is simple..just look at the darkened section.. That's stock. This is off of Sierra so it's simple for anyone to get also .. I'm guessing it's been the same for a while for Beta 300 rr's of different years.. It's easy to check now. One thing that is generally correct is that Beta's are known for being jetted well right from the factory. Read every review and test for one..along with threads on this. I'm sure there's some variance say if someone lives at maybe a high altitude..but even then it's not been far off . The bike's run great stock. That seems to be how it is for Beta 2 stroke enduros as a whole locally. I've never heard of anyone changing the jetting because the bike wasn't working wel locally l. It's more just to change it just to see ... if that .. .

Beta%20300RR%20Jetting%20Chart.jpg

http://www.motosupply.com/beta-motorcycles-beta-beta-300rr-jetting-chart-p-1910.html

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

15' 300rr Race

3000-6000 ft.

Temp 50-100 deg. 

Pilot-38

Main-165

Needle-NECJ 2nd clip

Motul 800 or Belray H1R @ 50:1

FMF Q Stealth

RK Tech Head 

Torquey, plenty of grunt down low. Smokes a lot when cold and I do get a little spooge. I ride mostly tight singletrack that's slow going. 1st and 2nd gear. 

• Like 2

Boy, so far there seems to be a trend of guys running really rich on these 300's. Skinny rich needles and fat pilots. Don't be afraid to go a little leaner guys. Another way to "rejet" is simply by changing your premix ratio. When running at elevation changing the premix ratio from 50:1 to 32:1 or even 28:1 is the same as dropping the needle 1/2 a clip and pilot one number.

The trend for "internet jetting" is running rich. The average Joe is afraid to jet a bike clean and crisp. IMO the only time you need to run fat is when racing full throttle in the desert. I then simply swap carb to my 38PWM.

38PWM specs:

45P

1.5AS

JD red middle

170M

Keep in mind the PWM has no idle circuit. But it flat out rips and actually adds a few HP's at the upper RPM range. 

9 minutes ago, ballisticexchris said:

Boy, so far there seems to be a trend of guys running really rich on these 300's. Skinny rich needles and fat pilots. Don't be afraid to go a little leaner guys. Another way to "rejet" is simply by changing your premix ratio. When running at elevation changing the premix ratio from 50:1 to 32:1 or even 28:1 is the same as dropping the needle 1/2 a clip and pilot one number.

The trend for "internet jetting" is running rich. The average Joe is afraid to jet a bike clean and crisp. IMO the only time you need to run fat is when racing full throttle in the desert. I then simply swap carb to my 38PWM.

38PWM specs:

45P

1.5AS

JD red middle

170M

Keep in mind the PWM has no idle circuit. But it flat out rips and actually adds a few HP's at the upper RPM range. 

I would say the opposite is true, for some reason most on the forums assume the manual is rich for every bike.  The beta manual chart is pretty lean.  Im not sure why people want to run so lean.  

Kelsey, at RK Tek, told me he personally runs 38p and an n8rh needle in his 300, and thats at elevation.  

You know the JD blue needle a lot of guys love?  It has a very fat starting diameter, I think I measured it to equal like a G diameter.  

Im not sure why you would starve the bike of fuel and oil.  

Honestly, I can throw a 35-42 pilot, any needle I have (J-H) at 3rd clip, and a 162-168 main and the bike will run fine.  Its just a matter of testing to fine tune whats best. 

• Like 1

The Beta chart is way off on the rich side. 3rd clip and 162+ main in a 36mm carb is way too rich. You are leaving a lot of performance on the table at the lower RPM range. 

"Running fine" is very subjective from rider to rider. I like my 2T's to run super clean and crisp from idle to full throttle. It's another reason I use nothing but a steady diet of C12 in my 300. These modern 2T's run like crap and are really hard to jet with unleaded ethanol pump fuel. 

hmm .... maybe this jetting thread should also be more specific on terrain, elevation, location. level of rider and what kind of particular riding area  also ...maybe add in type of racing and riding too for that matter as jetting will be different for how a guy rides.. on the gas more.. or short shifting in higher gears.. even gearing makes a difference. . Maybe this is going to be like tire recommendations. What works well in one place sucks in another. No matter what it's still "subjective" I'd guess. This can probably be said of suspension tuning too I think.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/30/2017 at 6:39 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

hmm .... maybe this jetting thread should also be more specific on terrain, elevation, location. level of rider and what kind of particular riding area  also ...maybe add in type of racing and riding too for that matter as jetting will be different for how a guy rides.. on the gas more.. or short shifting in higher gears.. even gearing makes a difference. . Maybe this is going to be like tire recommendations. What works well in one place sucks in another. No matter what it's still "subjective" I'd guess. This can probably be said of suspension tuning too I think.

Can we resurrect this thread, and just edit out the garabage? Mods? Anyone?

• Like 2