Fair price for KLX110

Looking to buy my son a dirt bike for Christmas, and it seems the KLX110 is the one to get.  I found one on FB Marketplace that's a 2011, allegedly with about "20 hours of use".  I traded a couple messages with him, and it sounds like he'll come down from his asking price of $1000 to $850.  I think I'm going to go look at it, and I've read some other threads about what to look for on these, but if everything checks out, does this seem like a decent price?  I realize we're a ways from Christmas, but most of the other for sale ads I've seen for KLX110's are beat up or the previous model (like a 2002 for $1050).

I've owned many of these bikes I right now have a 2006 that I bought for $400 but he didn't have the pink slip and it needed a lot to be done it was beat up didn't run right but a little tlc and money it has completely changed I would meet with the guy you have been talking to check the oil in it check how he's kept it these bikes are bulletproof I mean it they do not blow up.offer him $700 when you meet with him but I would pay the $800

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 1:21 PM, motorider2017 said:

I've owned many of these bikes I right now have a 2006 that I bought for $400 but he didn't have the pink slip and it needed a lot to be done it was beat up didn't run right but a little tlc and money it has completely changed I would meet with the guy you have been talking to check the oil in it check how he's kept it these bikes are bulletproof I mean it they do not blow up.offer him $700 when you meet with him but I would pay the $800

Pink Slip? I have never had a pink slip for a dirtbike, and i usually buy and sell a couple a month.... I wouldnt be worried about that, not like you need a tag for it. Make sure it isnt stolen and your good. $850 is a fair price (kinda on the high side tho) if the bike is clean and doesnt need anything. I recently bought one that "wouldnt run" for $500. Only problem with it was the guy never realized that the kill switch was off the whole time..... lol Whoops