Sign in to follow this  

Dual sport kit?

Hi all,

It doesn't look like Baja Designs is making a dual sport kit for the XR400R any longer.  I'm picking up a 1999 XR400R with the intentions of dual sporting it.  Does anyone know of any other good kits available for it?

Thanks,

Brandon

You can contact Ricky Stator and they can do a wind for you although if you update your lights to LED Bulbs (front headlight, rear and turn indicators) you won't need it and its cheaper. As for a battery it comes with a 12V battery pack. Just try and keep your headlight to about 35W and you'll be ok.

"Kit comes complete with wiring harness, LED mini-stalk front turn signals, LED flush mount rear turn signals, flasher relay, horn, hydraulic brake switch, LED taillight/brake light, dual sport folding mirror, On/Off switch, and control switch. A rechargeable battery pack and charger are included."

Edited by ThumperCurtis
  • Like 1

Picking it up Saturday.  🙂  Going to try to jump through several title hoops, but if it doesn't work out, I'll be able to sell it for what I'll have in it, so I'm willing to take the risk.

Brandon

Here are the Craigslist ad pics.  Not the prettiest, but I'm not worried about it.  Need to figure out what kind of headlight is on it.

00x0x_aJSWW0S0ny0_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_cW84JkBybqd_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1