Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ordered an Airoh Motocross Helmets Aviator 2.2 June 19th

received ray ban sunglasses in the mail July 27th, sent an email on the 28th they said they would fix it. 

here I am September 29th with out any response response to when I will receive the correct helmet. emails are broken English and frustrating as heck. 

BUYER BEWARE this was ordered off the Airohhelmetusa.com website and at this point I don't think they give a darn.

think I will look at Suomy!!!!!! and see how that goes. wonder if anyone else has had issues with Airoh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mobojoe said:

Ordered an Airoh Motocross Helmets Aviator 2.2 June 19th

received ray ban sunglasses in the mail July 27th, sent an email on the 28th they said they would fix it. 

here I am September 29th with out any response response to when I will receive the correct helmet. emails are broken English and frustrating as heck. 

BUYER BEWARE this was ordered off the Airohhelmetusa.com website and at this point I don't think they give a darn.

think I will look at Suomy!!!!!! and see how that goes. wonder if anyone else has had issues with Airoh?

Order the Suomy off EBay, you won't have any issues, or be disappointed. I just got the MX Jump and love it . At $311, not a bad deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you messing around with these goofy brands like Airoh and Suomy?  Get a Bell, 6D, Leatt or something like that.  Even a Fly or a TLD. :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helmets have a shelf life plus if you take a bad get off, their done.  No need to buy these high dollar helmets. You can get a good quality one for 130 bucks from a good company. Unless you're made of money, then spend 600. Just my 2 cents 

Edited by Edgecombe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you have ridden with an Airoh aviator or suomy jump you will have a tough time going back to anything heavier. I'm at the point where I have a new one ready (got on sale ) for when my present  jump helmet gets hit or has been washed too much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I wanted the Airoh is the weight. I have had a problem running into this planet over the years with my forehead and have herniated discs. it is amazing what even a half of a pound does for a damaged spine. I also am looking at the Kali but cannot find the light weight carbon in anything other than black and that doesn't work well in Arizona... the Airoh purchase process has been extremely disappointing and I have sent 50 + emails trying to get a resolution. if they ever make it right I will be sure to post it here. until them I'm still looking for lightweight options on helmets. funny I have a retail store so I try to buy local if possible or at least from a company before amazon or ebay but I may have to go that route this time. thanks for the input

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a neck issue as well(2 bulged discs), and you are spot on about even minimal weight differences. The Suomy is the one of, if not the  lightest helmet available(2 1/2lbs). It was compared side by side with the Aviator. The 2 are very similar, both made in Italy, seemingly with some of the same parts. The biggest difference was the price. In some cases half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2017 at 7:08 PM, Mobojoe said:

Ordered an Airoh Motocross Helmets Aviator 2.2 June 19th

received ray ban sunglasses in the mail July 27th, sent an email on the 28th they said they would fix it. 

here I am September 29th with out any response response to when I will receive the correct helmet. emails are broken English and frustrating as heck. 

BUYER BEWARE this was ordered off the Airohhelmetusa.com website and at this point I don't think they give a darn.

think I will look at Suomy!!!!!! and see how that goes. wonder if anyone else has had issues with Airoh?

I almost made the same mistake till I did some research on that site. That isn't a legit site. I called airoh and they said that there helmets aren't available in the USA and that they new nothing about that site.  After that call the site had disappeared.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/9/2017 at 3:18 PM, cjjeepercreeper said:

Why are you messing around with these goofy brands like Airoh and Suomy?  Get a Bell, 6D, Leatt or something like that.  Even a Fly or a TLD. :rolleyes:

Airoh is far from a goofy brand, they make top class helmets that the best riders in the world like Steve Holcombe, Graham Jarvis, Johnny walker, Tadeusz Blazusiak all wear, and many many more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, doctorchopper said:

Airoh is far from a goofy brand, they make top class helmets that the best riders in the world like Steve Holcombe, Graham Jarvis, Johnny walker, Tadeusz Blazusiak all wear, and many many more

I'm the kind of guy that would never buy a Beta, Husaberg, Gas Gas or something like that either.  That's where I'm coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 7:18 AM, cjjeepercreeper said:

Why are you messing around with these goofy brands like Airoh and Suomy?  Get a Bell, 6D, Leatt or something like that.  Even a Fly or a TLD. :rolleyes:

Airoh are one of the most popular brands in europe, watch a hare scramble race from overseas and you will see lots of riders with them. Walker,Jarvis, Musquin all wear them. Sumoy are also good helmets.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:09 PM, Edgecombe said:

Helmets have a shelf life plus if you take a bad get off, their done.  No need to buy these high dollar helmets. You can get a good quality one for 130 bucks from a good company. Unless you're made of money, then spend 600. Just my 2 cents 

Try wearing a $600 helmet for a few rides then go back to a cheap $130 helmet and see what you say. The light weight, comfort and airflow are worth the extra money for me. I've had mine for 4 or so years now. 

To the OP bummer about the fake website. I bought mine through dirtbikebitz in the UK, they seem to go on sale in November when the next model year is coming out FYI. I got mine for $440 CAD to my door at that time a local shop was selling them for $699 + taxes.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PNW Enduro said:

Airoh are one of the most popular brands in europe, watch a hare scramble race from overseas and you will see lots of riders with them. Walker,Jarvis, Musquin all wear them. Sumoy are also good helmets.

Try wearing a $600 helmet for a few rides then go back to a cheap $130 helmet and see what you say. The light weight, comfort and airflow are worth the extra money for me. I've had mine for 4 or so years now. 

To the OP bummer about the fake website. I bought mine through dirtbikebitz in the UK, they seem to go on sale in November when the next model year is coming out FYI. I got mine for $440 CAD to my door at that time a local shop was selling them for $699 + taxes.  

I've worn a couple high dollar helmets in my time. Even had a airoh street bike helmet. Not worth the money imo. Why buy a high dollar helmet, just to beat it up. Helmets today are a lot closer made today as to 25 to 30 years ago. Plus the pro you mentioned wear what their sponsors tell them to. If your helmet is 4 years old it's probably done.  You need to check it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 7:18 AM, cjjeepercreeper said:

Why are you messing around with these goofy brands like Airoh and Suomy?  Get a Bell, 6D, Leatt or something like that.  Even a Fly or a TLD. :rolleyes:

because its lighter than any of the mentioned helmets, and its been around longer than leatt.

also, the airoh, is lighter than a TLD mtb helmet......

and comparing it to fly, 

would you rather wear alpinestar tech 10s, or garne sg12s or would you rather wear some fly garbage?

Edited by EnglertRacing
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 4:09 PM, Edgecombe said:

Helmets have a shelf life plus if you take a bad get off, their done.  No need to buy these high dollar helmets. You can get a good quality one for 130 bucks from a good company. Unless you're made of money, then spend 600. Just my 2 cents 

no way dude...

who wants a heavy cheap poor vented helmet like a fly that cost 130,

my noggin is worth more than that, so is its ventilation.......

the airoh is like 1050g or so, how much does your 130$ helmet weight?

makes a difference on the neck after a long hard day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EnglertRacing said:

because its lighter than any of the mentioned helmets, and its been around longer than leatt.

also, the airoh, is lighter than a TLD mtb helmet......

and comparing it to fly, 

would you rather wear alpinestar tech 10s, or garne sg12s or would you rather wear some fly garbage?

I "temporarily" replaced my A Star boots with Fly Mavericks 3 years ago.  I still have them "temporarily".  Great bang for the buck, internet wisdom isn't always right. ;)

As for Leatt, they are so safety oriented that their company is one I really trust.  TLD?  I just mentioned their helmets because they seem to be pretty popular, I have no experience with them other than a pair of their elbow guards.  As for Airoh, I've been riding since the early 70s and never have known anyone that owned one.  Just not that popular here, so for support (see the OP ;)) you are usually better off going with a well known brand.  Like Bell, they've been around since the dawn of time and everyone wears them.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EnglertRacing said:

no way dude...

who wants a heavy cheap poor vented helmet like a fly that cost 130,

my noggin is worth more than that, so is its ventilation.......

the airoh is like 1050g or so, how much does your 130$ helmet weight?

makes a difference on the neck after a long hard day.

If your worried about the little amount of weight difference, you might need the gym instead of a light helmet. Unless your pro and someone is giving them to you. I'm  old school, so weight is no problem. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

If your worried about the little amount of weight difference, you might need the gym instead of a light helmet. Unless your pro and someone is giving them to you. I'm  old school, so weight is no problem. Lol.

Yeah no amount of going to the gym is going to make your head lighter,   this is about high g maneuvers stressing your neck over the course of the day, also the difference between a 130$ fly and a high end helmet is quite astounding.

Well worth it if you use it 3 or 4 times per week.

Edited by EnglertRacing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...