Sold My Beta

Well with a heavy heart I just sold my 2016 350rr with 198 hrs on it :( Bit of sellers remorse selling one of the best bikes I've ever owned. Onward and upward with my new 2018 350rr with twin injectors YEH. Hope to pick it up next week ?? Kept my SSS's though ?

MM 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Engstrom said:

What did you get for it? I have a 16 350 and if I ever upgrade /i am curious how quick it sold etc as theres not exactly a huge market to look on  craigslist for

You should have bought a KTM if you were concerned about a quick sale and low financial hit during sale. 

Edited by shrubitup

WOW!! How cool is that! I can only dream of having an extra 10K+ of disposable income every few years to get new bikes. Good on ya' my man!

I almost always have second thoughts of buying bikes when I walk in with the cash. I saved over 3 years to get my Beta. I'm running it into the ground like all the rest of my bikes. 

Can I ask the reason you are sold such a low hour bike? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ballisticexchris said:

WOW!! How cool is that! I can only dream of having an extra 10K+ of disposable income every few years to get new bikes. Good on ya' my man!

I almost always have second thoughts of buying bikes when I walk in with the cash. I saved over 3 years to get my Beta. I'm running it into the ground like all the rest of my bikes. 

Can I ask the reason you are sold such a low hour bike? 

You don't need 10k its about 6 change over here. Beta are the cheapest of the Euro brand in Australia KTM and Husky are a rip off. I bought it in October 2015 saved 3k a year and bingo new bike. 198hrs of racing and trail riding two seasons is not what I'd call low hour stuff wears out its a 350 and revs to 13k. How to save 3k easy! Don't buy take away coffee, don't drink  alcohol and make home cooked meals there is 3k a year :):) 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, MartyMOOSE said:

You don't need 10k its about 6 change over here. Beta are the cheapest of the Euro brand in Australia KTM and Husky are a rip off. I bought it in October 2015 saved 3k a year and bingo new bike. 198hrs of racing and trail riding two seasons is not what I'd call low hour stuff wears out its a 350 and revs to 13k. How to save 3k easy! Don't buy take away coffee, don't drink  alcohol and make home cooked meals there is 3k a year ?? 

That's cool! I'm not as good of a wheeler and dealer to get a new bike for 3K.  I typically completely rebuild my bikes when they are worn out for about 1/3rd the cost as new. My 05 KTM 300 rebuild was funded by selling my Ninja 650R. It now has motor, chassis, and suspension better than a new bike. By the time I'm done with my bikes they are beat to shit with no resale value. It's how I roll!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Engstrom said:

Hey Marty, how would you compare the 16 to the 18? My 16 has been an absolute game changer and was thinking of riding the hell out of it the next couple years before upgrading to another.

Not sure yet, I'd say smoother and more over rev, lighter, suspension I'll just put my forks in and revalve the shock and fit my spring. The rest is similar the 16 was a pretty sweet bike once sorted. Clutch will be fun I think. 

MM

On 9/30/2017 at 10:33 AM, shrubitup said:

You should have bought a KTM if you were concerned about a quick sale and low financial hit during sale. 

Thats odd. I get people all the time saying let us know when your selling that bike. Our 16 350 buyer had to wait two months for the 17 to get here. 

18 minutes ago, ccullins said:

Thats odd. I get people all the time saying let us know when your selling that bike. Our 16 350 buyer had to wait two months for the 17 to get here. 

KTM is not a better bike than Beta. Wasn't saying that. Only mentioned what the market place favors. For some, even the KTM is a big stretch out of their comfort zone of the big four.