Christoffer Brandel

New Yamaha two strokes 2019!

177 posts in this topic

Just got home from demo day with Yamaha (among others) with some news! Apparently Yamaha is coming with a brand new two stroke line up for 2019. A new 125, 250 and a third that is still classified. My guess is a 300, but he could not confirm nor deny it. 

Just wanted you guys to know, I am really excited. Haven't read about it anywhere yet. Also after riding the 250f I am really hoping they do something similar to the YZ250 chassi. Very smooth in turns and jumps, although didn't carve as good as husqvarna line up but had waaay better suspension in my opinion and still turned good. Also liked that it wasn't as narrrow as they huskys. 

Anyone else sittning on some information? :ride:

5 people like this

5 minutes ago, 2 STOKE YZ DOC said:

A 300? Probably not coming to the USA market. 

I'll dream and hope, because I just might need one. 

I am not sure, he said brand new 125/250 frame and engine. Then he told me there was something special coming up to but was NDA still. I asked if it was a 300 and he just smirked and told me he couldn't tell. Guess we will have to wait and see :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, vinnard said:

I'm calling shenanigans. 

Don't see any reason for him to lie. But maybe you're right. Just passing the info. Came from a real respectable dealer to. The ones who live will see :cool:

Edited by Christoffer Brandel
4 people like this

Talked to a honda rep too about why they didn't have any 250f's. He told me they are getting some kinks out and that the new engine will be 45 horsepower, wheres the current was 39. Would come somewhere around december iirc.

Totally OT in this section though :p

1 person likes this

350 twostroke and id go back lol good to hear tho it's about time. But for racing hard to beat the fourstrokes now days. 45hp Honda there goes there reliably lol

6 people like this

5 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

350 twostroke and id go back lol good to hear tho it's about time. But for racing hard to beat the fourstrokes now days. 45hp Honda there goes there reliably lol

No kidding. 45 HP 250F makes them even more of a disposable machine. I'd opt for the slow pedestrian 39 HP version every day if I were to get another 250F one day. 

4 people like this

1 minute ago, shrubitup said:

No kidding. 45 HP 250F makes them even more of a disposable machine. I'd opt for the slow pedestrian 39 HP version every day if I were to get another 250F one day. 

Ya 45hp 250f will put the old 250 twostroke to shame.  Till it grenades anyway lol like the ktm 250f.  Very fast but fragile engine 

5 people like this

4 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Ya 45hp 250f will put the old 250 twostroke to shame.  Till it grenades anyway lol like the ktm 250f.  Very fast but fragile engine 

Is the KTM that bad? Forgot to ask the the husky rep about service intervalls. It did have a nice engine though, seemed to have power all over unlike the Yz250f that was dead off the bottom. 

1 person likes this

If it is a YZ300 I’m gonna start saving lol. I’ve been waiting for Yamaha to make a 300, and up until now it was just hopes that someday they’d do it. Now it seems like it may be a reality. If they do it’d be great to have a Japanese 300 finally.

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

Is the KTM that bad? Forgot to ask the the husky rep about service intervalls. It did have a nice engine though, seemed to have power all over unlike the Yz250f that was dead off the bottom. 

No it's not bad at all i shouldn't have said that. Just know few local kids riding them have lot of engine problems.  But they keep riding them cause they are great race bike. Just like when I raced yz250's I had few tranny problems with them and few other things.  But the bike was that good so is what IT is I geuss

Make a 200XCW competitor even though KTM stopped theirs and went with a 150 (yawn). Make a short people version and a normal people version. YZ200X. 

Lol I hear you on that. I went to my Yamaha dealer a while back and saw the new 2t and 4t 250s. They sit REALLY high. I tried one out and my feet just barely touch the floor, and I’m a tall rider. They made my old 400 look like a lowered chopper lol. And the suspension seemed really stiff too, not sure what’s the deal with that. Usually when I sit on one of my bikes they sag about 4-6 inches. The bikes I saw didn’t sag more than maybe 3-4 inches tops.
2 people like this

Was this demo ride in fantasy land?  How has this been kept secret til now and revealed at a demo event? 

5 people like this

7 minutes ago, DEMI said:

Was this demo ride in fantasy land?  How has this been kept secret til now and revealed at a demo event? 

No, in Sweden. I am not sure, just passing on the information I got from the guy from Yamaha. Was quite suprised myself since I heard nothing anywhere else. But sure would be exciting if he was talking the truth. Just see no reason for him to lie really? 

Edit: Was not really revealed to the public either. I was just chitchatting about 2 strokes when he told me.

Edit 2: If it comes through, just remember where you read about it first :cool:

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

No, in Sweden. I am not sure, just passing on the information I got from the guy from Yamaha. Was quite suprised myself since I heard nothing anywhere else. But sure would be exciting if he was talking the truth. Just see no reason for him to lie really? 

It would be awesome if true, but people talk out of their butts constantly... sales people have said similar things claiming insider info, etc. If this was even remotely conceivable, word would be out far beyond a dealer demo event. Maybe he is right in however and it would rule if they did have something legitimately new.

Edited by DEMI

If you really think about, the 300 class of two strokes is very popular with the enduro guys, I mean look at the KTM 300, it’s pretty popular. I don’t see why Yamaha hasn’t gotten in the game yet and developed a 300. It seems like the Japanese are always too timid.

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

If they do come out with a 300 probably be x version tho :thumbsdn: think? 

Yeah I think so to, to compete with KTMs popular Exc 300 :lame:

11 minutes ago, DEMI said:

It would be awesome if true, but people talk out of their butts constantly... sales people have said similar things claiming insider info, etc. If this was even remotely conceivable, word would be out far beyond a dealer demo event. Maybe he is right in however and it would rule if they did have something legitimately new.

I agree with you, we will see. Sure got me curious though. Bad for their sales since I will be holding on to my money now so wasn't very clever of him to say if untrue :p

1 person likes this