Christoffer Brandel

New Yamaha two strokes 2019!

10 hours ago, houston. said:

When does Yahama typically unveil new models? Super anxious 

Last year I think it was June 10th. Prepare yourself for the latest technology in graphics.

• Like 12

There was this on FB, and I'm not sure if its quad, side by side, trail, or what. 

There is one glimpse of a tire roosting at 17sec in the video, cant make out what it is.

But this is under the atv section for their website, so there's that.

It says 6/6/18 at 10am EST

Edited by R and D Marine

While at a recent yamaha demo day, the hosting rep told us "the 19' yz250x will have estart", sure hope this is fact and not a guess on his part. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TommyB 754 said:

While at a recent yamaha demo day, the hosting rep told us "the 19' yz250x will have estart", sure hope this is fact and not a guess on his part. 

I hope it bolts on to a 2017 Yz250x 

7 hours ago, CaptDan said:

laramie, where did you find this list? (I was unable to find it.)

The reason I ask is that it shows the displacements -- so we can see there is no YZ150 or YZ300 -- but it doesn't identified if anything has/has not been changed from the 2018 models (AFAICT).

Good research! :thumbsup:

It's also missing the 65 (which also isn't "new" for 2019), though maybe 07laramie left it out on purpose / didn't bother.  It's widely assumed that the 85 will be all-new (PV, etc.), otherwise the 65 will actually cost more than the 85 (and will obviously be more advanced).

2 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

I hope it bolts on to a 2017 Yz250x 

That would mean they are retro fitting estart onto the heavy 20 year old motor so I hope that is not the case. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TommyB 754 said:

That would mean they are retro fitting estart onto the heavy 20 year old motor so I hope that is not the case. 

I would take duribility over light weight. I’m only 155 lbs so me and the Bike already weigh less than most other bike/ rider combos 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Charles De Mar said:

I would take duribility over light weight. I’m only 155 lbs so me and the Bike already weigh less than most other bike/ rider combos 

When was the last new Yamaha that came out and wasn’t reliable?

• Like 1

There's no e start coming on the 250x that bike is a parts bin creation. Wr gears for the wider trans wr/fx suspension with different springs wr rear wheel. Wr kick stand other than some tweaks to the engine setup cdi that bike was made on the cheap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I don't believe it for a minute but a salesman at the local dealer swears up and down that there will be a 150x. Basically the 125 with a gytr kit.

I hope he's right. I just put my right kidney up on eBay.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

When they produce an engine that is feather light. 

Not that I think it is going to happen, but I will guinea pig it if they do. Probably won’t sell my 2016 X though. I friggin love this bike.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Needpowder said:

Not that I think it is going to happen, but I will guinea pig it if they do. Probably won’t sell my 2016 X though. I friggin love this bike.

I like my 2017 Yz250x as well. Maybe I am easily satisfied. 

• Like 2

I like my 2017 Yz250x as well. Maybe I am easily satisfied. 

On one hand, oh all the time I might save out on the trail being able to push that magic button to start the bike! Or imagine the time I’ll save when on the rare occasion I have to, I will no longer have to move the bike to a flatter ground to kick it over. I mean that will add up to, what, a minute or more a ride?

On the other hand, I pull what mods on my current bike will transfer over, get it ready to sell, actually sell it, then go buy a new one, including signing all of that paperwork, then do all the checking and prep work that the dealer doesn’t do right, then add the mods back on, and then getting the jetting right and so on. That sounds like many, many hours!

Of course, even reading this, I accept as a human I’m irrational!
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tahoe Gator said:

On one hand, oh all the time I might save out on the trail being able to push that magic button to start the bike! Or imagine the time I’ll save when on the rare occasion I have to, I will no longer have to move the bike to a flatter ground to kick it over. I mean that will add up to, what, a minute or more a ride?

On the other hand, I pull what mods on my current bike will transfer over, get it ready to sell, actually sell it, then go buy a new one, including signing all of that paperwork, then do all the checking and prep work that the dealer doesn’t do right, then add the mods back on, and then getting the jetting right and so on. That sounds like many, many hours!

Of course, even reading this, I accept as a human I’m irrational!

I had e-start on my 2006 wr450. The first few years guys scoffed at e-start. Now they all own new e-start two strokes. My wr450 kicked over quicker than it started with the button. Especially when cold. I can kick start with left or right foot. How many e-starts get used with both thumbs?

Jesus....when I was a kid I would have ridden whatever I could afford or was provided.  I could go out on a yz80 and have fun. Luxury features are just that. I ride for fun not to prove my manhood or make up for shortcomings. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, houston. said:

They should just make the e-start the kick lever...hehe

Compressed air tank and a pneumatic ram that actuates the kickstart lever. ;) 

• Like 2