2017 klx110 Shock too stiff

Does anyone know where to get a softer spring for a klx100? I purchased a 2017 for my son and the rear end is way too stiff. I have put in a swing arm bearing kit which helped a little but it is still way to stiff even for me to ride.

My wife's CRF150F had the same issue and we couldn't find a rear shock spring to save our lives. So we used Cannon Racecraft who makes custom springs. They make them for your bike but custom just like ours, it was like $150 bucks

http://www.cannonracecraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/cannon-racecraft-application-chart.pdf

http://www.cannonracecraft.com/

I have the exact same question and I have been searching for one.  I called a local suspension shop and they can do a custom setup on the rear shock, but I cant find an off the shelf spring for the KLX110 shock that is softer. Everything I find seems to be for larger riders.  I also wish Kawi had made the rear adjustable with sag and preload.

The only other off the shelf option I can find is buying a Fox FLoat MXR shock.  Its a fantastic rear shock, but they sell for $350, which is a little pricey.  I just want to soften and lower the rear a little, not setup the bike up for serious motocross racing.  But it might be the only solution.

39 minutes ago, Drewf said:

I have the exact same question and I have been searching for one.  I called a local suspension shop and they can do a custom setup on the rear shock, but I cant find an off the shelf spring for the KLX110 shock that is softer. Everything I find seems to be for larger riders.  I also wish Kawi had made the rear adjustable with sag and preload.

The only other off the shelf option I can find is buying a Fox FLoat MXR shock.  Its a fantastic rear shock, but they sell for $350, which is a little pricey.  I just want to soften and lower the rear a little, not setup the bike up for serious motocross racing.  But it might be the only solution.

Don't be scared that cannon Racecraft is not off the shelf.... The spring is not that much more than a Racetech 

My suspension guy made her stock shock rebuildable-ish

call Motovate Racing, his name is Bob Ashleigh and ask what he did. 

18 hours ago, Drewf said:

I called a local suspension shop and ended up ordering a customer spring.  Right around $140.  I haven'r received it yet.  I will post when I get it and let you know if it helps.

5 hours ago, bfrizzo75 said:

I called a local suspension shop and ended up ordering a customer spring.  Right around $140.  I haven'r received it yet.  I will post when I get it and let you know if it helps.

You will be surprised if you ask your suspension guy where he purchased the custom spring, I bet its cannon 

• 1 month later...

I installed the custom spring. It made a huge difference. My son is much more confident to push the pace now. We ride mostly woods. There is only about 2-3 inches of travel in the stock shock so I don't know how well it would work for moto.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue on my 05. My 70lb kid couldn't compress the spring at all. I swapped it out with the stock shock off a crf70 I got on ebay for $40 and it made a huge difference. It raised the seat height a little, but now that the spring actually compresses when the kid sits on it the difference didnt matter. I did have to grind the spacers down a little with a dremmel to get it to fit,  but it was a quick fix

• 1 year later...
I had the same issue on my 05. My 70lb kid couldn't compress the spring at all. I swapped it out with the stock shock off a crf70 I got on ebay for $40 and it made a huge difference. It raised the seat height a little, but now that the spring actually compresses when the kid sits on it the difference didnt matter. I did have to grind the spacers down a little with a dremmel to get it to fit,  but it was a quick fix

What year shock did you use from the crf70? Or are they all the same?