AMRA MotoCity AMA Championship Off-Road Series Banter

Yes. Prescott Vally is like that. Long lines of about 30-40 bikes at a time a minute or so apart then race to the start/finish line and your transponder starts your time. Some enduros are 4 to a row but start every 15 seconds one at a time. Others have been 4 at a time. Lots of ways to start I guess now thinking about it.

Looks like results are what they are for Yolo. Pulled 4th in 50+C class and 17th overall C class. Happy at my performance, but thought I did better. I was only passed a couple times all day and they were yellow plates. I passed a lot of folks and I smoked the 4th test but that was thrown out. Bike was about 75% dialed in. Lost my clutch lever action starting late in the 2nd test and all but gone in 4th test. Also had no rear brake pedal and LHRB was soft. Got those both fixed this past weekend so the bike is ready for Globe. Going to run map 2 (advanced) at Globe and see how it goes. The traction control at Yolo was awesome so I’ll run that at Globe as well. Also turned my idle up and after a 30-mile test ride of whoops and st it never stalled so think that’s fixed as well. Starts easier too. See you guys at Globe.

IMG_4447.JPG

• Like 2

Globe should be interesting. Forecast is calling is for rain off and on the next 6 or 7 days.

Globe should be interesting. Forecast is calling is for rain off and on the next 6 or 7 days.

We’re racing 2hrs after AA/A/B riders... it’ll be chewed, but it’s always a fun course. Hope it’s still moist by the time we race.

5 hours ago, vabuckaroo said:

That's cool. They can clean up the course some. Less loose rock.

I always feel bad when the C racers go after us.  The course will be nasty by then.  "Less loose rock" bahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2strokenut said:

@Firestone don't worry about the sparkies for the Globe race, it's private land and not a big deal. Come out and have fun.

Globe should be perfect, been raining up there and more rain for saturday and then sunny skies Sunday. 

Thank you for the heads up! I don’t think we can make it this weekend- hopefully I’ve located a used engine for my truck and will be installing it this weekend. Lost a cylinder coming out of Flagstaff last month on my duramax. But if not maybe we will make it. 

• Like 1

Wow. Just saw the cycle news release on Globe. Sounds like most all of the horse track will be used... including hanging it out around one of the corners on the mile track. Maybe I need to bring the 500! This is gonna be a blast!

1 hour ago, oldfuddy said:

Wow. Just saw the cycle news release on Globe. Sounds like most all of the horse track will be used... including hanging it out around one of the corners on the mile track. Maybe I need to bring the 500! This is gonna be a blast!

I did a lot of flat track racing in my youth. Licking my chops reading that.

Just don't high-side at 40 mph... dat shit hurts!

• Like 1

I did a lot of flat track racing in my youth. Licking my chops reading that.
Just don't high-side at 40 mph... dat shit hurts!

I high-sided down in Arivaca on the trail at about 40mph a couple years ago... cost me 8 ribs all on one side. Now that sucked big time.

All riders in each class start on one line!  So all of B class (probably 90 riders) all starting at one time.  I think the start is the mile track and from what I heard we use almost the entire mile. The start will matter at this race.

Hare and hound style start at Globe? 😳

Edited by Kosmic

No idea how we’re gonna line up, but I plan on being early enough to be up front if we’re lining up first come first served. Agree with 4Sevens, the start will set the tone with how hard your going to have to work the rest of the race as trails there are not conducive for passing. I’m really gonna miss my 500 on the start. That thing launches like a slingshot.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, oldfuddy said:

No idea how we’re gonna line up, but I plan on being early enough to be up front if we’re lining up first come first served. Agree with 4Sevens, the start will set the tone with how hard your going to have to work the rest of the race as trails there are not conducive for passing. I’m really gonna miss my 500 on the start. That thing launches like a slingshot.

Yea I'd like to know where they're going to fit 90 riders wide in the B class. That track is only 60' wide. Should be interesting. Thankfully, starts are one of my better techniques. It's the finish that I struggle with.

Yea I'd like to know where they're going to fit 90 riders wide in the B class. That track is only 60' wide. Should be interesting. Thankfully, starts are one of my better techniques. It's the finish that I struggle with.

I fear it will be a staggered Moto GP type start or several rows. It’s got my attention and glad I get to see you guys launch first.

Yup, pretty good at starts myself and if the races were 30 seconds long I’d be on my 500 and in B-Class by now. Lol!

It's a half mile track. If it rains like they're calling for, it will be interesting. I haven't raced a mudder since racing in Virginia.

There was a place down in SW Virginia where they had a banked track for sprints and stock cars. VCHSS has a HS there every year. It was cool you'd start, make about a lap and half then head out onto the mountain. At the end of each lap you'd do 3/4's of a lap aorund the track before heading back out. There's some great video from it. VCHSS Rattlesnake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hYBhPAB8Q

I have a couple questions on the copper classic. I saw that it is a restart enduro, can someone please explain or a link where I can read about it. Also, how many miles is it? I want to start getting my endurance ready. Yes I know it's a ways away, but being my first race I'm still kinda nervous.

• Like 1