AMRA MotoCity AMA Championship Off-Road Series Banter

On 11/16/2018 at 6:40 PM, oldfuddy said:

AZKKT just hired a KTM mechanic that has been with 3 Bros Racing for over a decade. Taking the bike to him next week and leaving it there for him to tweak as he sees fit. It’s starting way better, but I’m told he can really get it to come to life off the line.

A lot of guys are getting the 350s re-mapped. Less stalling and more power. Definitely adding fuel, not sure what they're doing with the ignition timing. Probably a slight advance I'm guessing.

Definitely seems like you're getting more comfortable on the 350 an letting it rev out more. Looking good.

I actually skipped this race. Tight courses are my nemesis and just wasn't feeling great. Kind of lost my mojo after a 2 month injury layoff and confidence has been running low but I got some good practice in lately and should be back to 100% for Havasu.

It's looking like a few of us are going to do an ACP practice session Dec 1st or 2nd to get ready for the next 2 races if anyone wants to join. I'll confirm the date as it gets closer.

Edited by Kosmic

A lot of guys are getting the 350s re-mapped. Less stalling and more power. Definitely adding fuel, not sure what they're doing with the ignition timing. Probably a slight advance I'm guessing.
Definitely seems like you're getting more comfortable on the 350 an letting it rev out more. Looking good.
I actually skipped this race. Tight courses are my nemesis and just wasn't feeling great. Kind of lost my mojo after a 2 month injury layoff and confidence has been running low but I got some good practice in lately and should be back to 100% for Havasu.
It's looking like a few of us are going to do an ACP practice session Dec 1st or 2nd to get ready for the next 2 races if anyone wants to join. I'll confirm the date as it gets closer.

Yeah, winding it out more, but still short shifting it I think. Had I stayed on the throttle off the line pretty sure I could have passed both positions to be 1st. But, didn’t matter as I passed both on the first lap anyway. Then got smoked by a guy in my class that smokes B class too so I let him go and raced my race.

Not sure if the bike needs a remap. I know they are remapping the 350 EXCs and having great results. But the SX/XC already have a great map and larger TB. Think just a TPS tweak would be good. The bike fires right up nice without the sparky and dB killer in so it’s a restriction issue on start I believe. Going to tune it with both in since most all our races require them. Haven’t had a flame out that hasn’t been my fault since I turned the idle up.

Yes, please keep me in the loop for ACP. I suck at mx and haven’t jumped the 350 yet. Going to need much practice for havasu. Going to run the Unclassified at havasu the day before the race too.

Cheers and glad you are back on the bike.

Fuddy, we need to go ride some trail and trade bikes. I'm curious to see the difference in the linkage, and you can see if you feel a difference with the JD Jets module. We could go out to MCMP on the 1st

The biggest thing that has helped me on my 350 is riding it more like an old school 2-stroke. Staying 50% throttle or more

Edited by vabuckaroo

Fuddy, we need to go ride some trail and trade bikes. I'm curious to see the difference in the linkage, and you can see if you feel a difference with the JD Jets module. We could go out to MCMP on the 1st
The biggest thing that has helped me on my 350 is riding it more like an old school 2-stroke. Staying 50% throttle or more

Sounds good. Dropping bike off today at AZKKT, trying to get it back by the weekend. Possible remap and tps tweak. Think rear wheel bearings are shot. If so, they won’t have them in stock so that’ll suck and The bike will sit two weeks with the holiday. Only 20 hrs on bike. I’m gonna push for warranty on the bearings. Wants to do MCMP this weekend and ACP on the 1st. ACP is way better, but don’t know if I’ll be able to make he haul up. I’ll let you know what I find out about the bearings.

I won't be riding anytime soon. Not sure where I need to go from here. I don't really have 6K to put into a new motor. Don't really want to go deeper into debt with a new bike either.

I won't be riding anytime soon. Not sure where I need to go from here. I don't really have 6K to put into a new motor. Don't really want to go deeper into debt with a new bike either.

Dude, saw your bike today. Motor gutted. Shed a tear. I saw your question about the bike for sale on FB but I couldn’t find it. Sorry. We gotta get you on a bike. Maybe Put an ad in the flea market to do a swap with the SE for a 350 or 300 and maybe an ad in the Tucson regional thread for someone local and Phoenix. Bunch of SE’s up in Phx.

No worries. Did you see that cute little 3hunny sitting back there? Put a deposit on it today. Will work on financing next week. Everything but my Acerbis fuel tank will swap over :)

No I didn’t. New one or used! Either way congrats. Of note, got my bike back and they set the idle too low. I had it perfect and what the manual calls for and they dialed it back 250rpms. Sounds good, but not where these bike are made to idle. Wasn’t happy. Put it back up. Sounds high, but it’s right. Let me know when you get the bike. Doing MCMP this Saturday. Gotta face my fear of launching the bike

I’m out for havasu.... just too busy and sitting this one out as it’s quite a haul for me. see you guys at ACP in Jan. Happy Holidays and those going to Havasu good luck.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:12 PM, oldfuddy said:

I’m out for havasu.... just too busy and sitting this one out as it’s quite a haul for me. see you guys at ACP in Jan. Happy Holidays and those going to Havasu good luck. emoji106.png

Sounds like Havasu Big 6 was a great turnout.... lot of the big names D-37 and SoCal off season guys came up. Was just talking with MC and he mentioned he raced, along with JG...anyone from this thread make it out tgere

Sounds like Havasu Big 6 was a great turnout.... lot of the big names D-37 and SoCal off season guys came up. Was just talking with MC and he mentioned he raced, along with JG...anyone from this thread make it out tgere

Couldn’t stand it.... caved in and spooned on a fresh set of 33’s, threw the bike in the toy hauler, wife in the truck, and made the trip last minute. Was insane. Place was packed. Talked with Jeremy for just a bit when he was signing autographs. First time I’ve ever met him. Great guy seeing I’m a nobody and he talked like we knew each other. I pulled a 3rd (for AMRA) in the Magnum 50+ C Race. Had all intentions to do the lagoon jump but wimped out and took the bypass after seeing about a dozen pros/experts wad up the landing an hour earlier. JG railed the lagoon jump setup corner pinned, grabbed a gear, and made a perfect lagoon jump time and time again. My wife smacked me in the shoulder and said.. “hey, he’s way faster that you!” I said, thanks babe, love you too. Lol!!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, oldfuddy said:

Couldn’t stand it.... caved in and spooned on a fresh set of 33’s, threw the bike in the toy hauler, wife in the truck, and made the trip last minute. Was insane. Place was packed. Talked with Jeremy for just a bit when he was signing autographs. First time I’ve ever met him. Great guy seeing I’m a nobody and he talked like we knew each other. I pulled a 3rd (for AMRA) in the Magnum 50+ C Race. Had all intentions to do the lagoon jump but wimped out and took the bypass after seeing about a dozen pros/experts wad up the landing an hour earlier. JG railed the lagoon jump setup corner pinned, grabbed a gear, and made a perfect lagoon jump time and time again. My wife smacked me in the shoulder and said.. “hey, he’s way faster that you!” I said, thanks babe, love you too. Lol!!!!

That’s awesome.  Josh is having fun again,  I think he’s going to be seen a lot more at west coast type races like this now that his backing & focus has changed...

Edited by TeamGreenPilot

Enough rain and sand!  Let's move on to the real AMRA races.  This has been a weird season so far.  Not sure how you call yesterdays race a hare scramble since it was 100% GP style course as it is every year in Buckeye.  Maybe because GP's are shorter?  Glad that one is behind me.  Came out with a 4th somehow.  Felt like I was really slow.  Must have been that hole shot that did it.  I mean it was only an hour and 45 minute race so the hole shot was critical and I nailed it.  Bahahahahahahaaaa! 

Bring on the Mile Markers! Who's ready?

19 hours ago, 4Sevens said:

Not me, out injured until at least March. Lost 4 months of riding in 2018 and now starting 2019 off missing another 2 months with a broken foot. Sick of this shit.

Paid $3,700 out of pocket for surgery last Friday... ride safe boys!

13 minutes ago, Kosmic said:

Not me, out injured until at least March. Lost 4 months of riding in 2018 and now starting 2019 off missing another 2 months with a broken foot. Sick of this shit.

Bummer man. Most important thing is that you have a pain free and useful foot to get you through the rest of your life.  I destroyed my left ankle and it had me in and out of surgery for 4 years so 6 months isn't so bad, right?  Truthfully I hate to miss one week of riding so I'm sure you're going nuts.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 4Sevens said:

Enough rain and sand!  Let's move on to the real AMRA races.  This has been a weird season so far.  Not sure how you call yesterdays race a hare scramble since it was 100% GP style course as it is every year in Buckeye.  Maybe because GP's are shorter?  Glad that one is behind me.  Came out with a 4th somehow.  Felt like I was really slow.  Must have been that hole shot that did it.  I mean it was only an hour and 45 minute race so the hole shot was critical and I nailed it.  Bahahahahahahaaaa! 

At least you know what you placed. What a joke timing and scoring was

I loved it. Keep in mind I grew up in New England. Rain and mud was 2-3 days a week there.

Had a crappy start again, well, not too crappy as think I was 7 or 8 off the line, but damn bike started slow again. That aside, moved quick through the pack and held 1st for 3 laps, then fell to second until the 6th lap where I had a good battle I would lose and fall to 3rd where I’d finish. Great race, loved everything about it. Bike was dialed in perfect (except known starting flaw). Bike is still in my trailer caked in mud. Will clean it up and change tires for MM’s.

Here’s a quick vid of battling for 2nd.

IMG_5458.JPG

Dang brother. So sorry to hear that. That sucks.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, oldfuddy said:

I loved it. Keep in mind I grew up in New England. Rain and mud was 2-3 days a week there.

Had a crappy start again, well, not too crappy as think I was 7 or 8 off the line, but damn bike started slow again. That aside, moved quick through the pack and held 1st for 3 laps, then fell to second until the 6th lap where I had a good battle I would lose and fall to 3rd where I’d finish. Great race, loved everything about it. Bike was dialed in perfect (except known starting flaw). Bike is still in my trailer caked in mud. Will clean it up and change tires for MM’s.

Here’s a quick vid of battling for 2nd.

IMG_5458.JPG

Nicely done, god that looked like fun... not what a lot consider true mud race but about as close as you can get without getting a full turd-floater going on out west...only time we can get loam is after a monsoon... but you know, I love mud races/rain...because I embrace the suck and go ride practice in it.

Maybe with the schedule change at work I’ll be able to race some of my own more this year...

• Like 1

Nicely done, god that looked like fun... not what a lot consider true mud race but about as close as you can get without getting a full turd-floater going on out west...only time we can get loam is after a monsoon... but you know, I love mud races/rain...because I embrace the suck and go ride practice in it.
Maybe with the schedule change at work I’ll be able to race some of my own more this year...

It was a lot of fun. Especially the deep sand. The combo of the high winding 350 and running the 33’s was a perfect combo. It much mud in the vid. The vet track was a little slick on the faces, but the national track was slop in areas. It was not like the Globe race which was a mudder.
  • Like 1