oldfuddy

AMRA MotoCity AMA Championship Off-Road Series Banter

It was a lot of fun. Especially the deep sand. The combo of the high winding 350 and running the 33’s was a perfect combo. It much mud in the vid. The vet track was a little slick on the faces, but the national track was slop in areas. It was not like the Globe race which was a mudder.

Thx...fun video to watch.
At least it wasn't dusty with all the moisture. That back track you went on at the 4 minute mark is where we do the Vintage VMX races at ACP...then, it looked like they connected you to the National track...the third track, the Vet track, is up front nearer the park entrance...did you ride that one too?
Nice job...you're having fun, for sure.
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone should complain when it rains for any AMRA race. I just wish they would have put some single track in the course, not sure why they didn't this time. The race was a blast and it looks like the MM race will be plenty moist. 

• Like 2

Thx...fun video to watch.
At least it wasn't dusty with all the moisture. That back track you went on at the 4 minute mark is where we do the Vintage VMX races at ACP...then, it looked like they connected you to the National track...the third track, the Vet track, is up front nearer the park entrance...did you ride that one too?
Nice job...you're having fun, for sure.

Yes, little of everything, except single track as mentioned above... well, unless you count when we came off the national track and hit the wash, there was about 50’ of single track connecting

Started in normal starting line, then hit the vet track, wrapped around the SX track (did not go on it), then back on by track up on top and up and down a couple times, then up the road between the two tracks in the back and down on to the national track, then out to the wash, back in to the vintage area and drag area, dumped back into the national track at corner 8 and back to the finish line and do another lap. I loved everything about it. Had some mud, but nothing that would drown the bike.

Yes, little of everything, except single track as mentioned above... well, unless you count when we came off the national track and hit the wash, there was about 50’ of single track connecting

Started in normal starting line, then hit the vet track, wrapped around the SX track (did not go on it), then back on by track up on top and up and down a couple times, then up the road between the two tracks in the back and down on to the national track, then out to the wash, back in to the vintage area and drag area, dumped back into the national track at corner 8 and back to the finish line and do another lap. I loved everything about it. Had some mud, but nothing that would drown the bike.

sounds great...

Well, it’s off to Mile Markers outside Wickenberg this weekend. I’ll be the first bike off the line leading the C class. 60+ bikes behind me looking to pass me. Never been the hare before, this should be interesting.

• Like 1

Is that the rough rider 100 ?

No, Rough Rider is next month in Prescott Valley. That’s a cool race.

Mile Markers this weekend is in Wickenburg.

IMG_5525.JPG

10 hours ago, oldfuddy said:

Well, it’s off to Mile Markers outside Wickenberg this weekend. I’ll be the first bike off the line leading the C class. 60+ bikes behind me looking to pass me. Never been the hare before, this should be interesting. emoji23.png

How do you know your starting row and position?

Well, took advantage of the pole position and clear course and ran hard for a couple hours on three tests. No resting between tests to ensure a clear course and strategy prevailed with the 50C win. My times were clearly fading from not resting but stayed steady. Totally brutal course. Still sore today. Bike parts everywhere on the course and I was out front of the C class so they were AA/A/B parts.... including a Scott’s rear disc guard. Wtf? How did that come off? I’d think impossible. Nasty technical race. Prescott Valley next month.

• Helpful 2