i got a mint cr500 that was set up for low end.. i feel pretty slow on the bike because the front tire never really touches the ground. I run a lot faster times on my 250 4stroke anyways thats not the point. The top end feels pretty flat on the cr500 and was thinking of changing the carb and the pipe. It had a pj carb on it now with a fmf gnarly on it btw its a 96 motor. I have a cr500 parts bike i got for $100 as part of a deal and it had a 38 or 39mm airstriker carb and a brand new pro circuit pipe. If i changed the carb over and the pipe what adjustments will need to be made to the carb. Does anyone think it could keep that front tire a little more on the ground and give me more rev out on the top end. I do not wanna change the sprockets. I def want to have more of a top end was planning on doing a super moto but i might just make the parts bike the super and have 1 dirt 1 street

any help would b appreciated 

If the donor bikes' motor is stock, and your motor is stock, then a full swap of the carb + reeds + exhaust theoretically shouldn't require any jetting changes. That's assuming the airstriker carb was already tuned to run properly on the donor bike.

A shorty muffler will also give you more top end at the expense of some torque and more noise, and typically requires slightly richer jetting. Not sure what type of can you have on either bike. 

I'd recommend reading up on how to tune your carb yourself, since any numbers people give you will just be a rough starting point. Ambient temperature, humidity, how well your rings seal, the type of fuel you use, the type of oil, the ratio of fuel:oil, your spark plug, the condition and type of reeds you use, all effect your jetting. No one can tell you the "perfect" jetting for any setup, there's just too many variables.