2018 BETA THUMPERS REVIEW: RR350 RR390 RR430 & RR480

When they release info for the Race Editions tomorrow it will be interesting. I think I remember cculluns saying a while back that they should have the dual injectors.

7 hours ago, TwinSparXR said:

When they release info for the Race Editions tomorrow it will be interesting. I think I remember cculluns saying a while back that they should have the dual injectors.

Our RR's have the duel injectors as well. Shame the RRS you guys get doesn't Can't see why! Ours are so muffled up complete with o2 sensor and many other emission add ons. Time to take it all off and remap for me. It even needs the air boot changed....... 

14 hours ago, BENriding said:

The batteries on the 18s appear to be the cheap side of the lightweight batteries, look pretty generic. Any idea who makes them?

What makes it cheap?? I normally can’t tell the difference looking at lithium batteries. Or any batteries.. Isn’t there information on the battery that says what it is??

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ckny said:

My friend is right about to test the new clutch retrofit kit on his 17 300RR for Beta Canada. 

What’s supposed to be better? Mainly weight? My 300 rr clutch seems great. I would think the 4 stroke guys might be more excited about a changed clutch. If the new clutch address 4 stroke issues.

1 hour ago, djl2014 said:

Which pipe do you recommend?

Have only used the FMF on the 350. If sound isn't an issue you can go with the Power Core like we use on the race bikes. However if it where my personal bike I would get the Q. 

14 minutes ago, MartyMOOSE said:

Our RR's have the duel injectors as well. Shame the RRS you guys get doesn't Can't see why! Ours are so muffled up complete with o2 sensor and many other emission add ons. Time to take it all off and remap for me. It even needs the air boot changed....... 

Emissions reasons. They couldn't get the duel injection bikes early enough to get them tested to be street legal in time. 

12 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

What makes it cheap?? I normally can’t tell the difference looking at lithium batteries. Or any batteries.. Isn’t there information on the battery that says what it is??

I can't remember the brand off hand, but they don't seem cheap. They even have a cute little button you can press to test them. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ccullins said:

Have only used the FMF on the 350. If sound isn't an issue you can go with the Power Core like we use on the race bikes. However if it where my personal bike I would get the Q. 

Emissions reasons. They couldn't get the duel injection bikes early enough to get them tested to be street legal in time. 

I can't remember the brand off hand, but they don't seem cheap. They even have a cute little button you can press to test them. 

Thanks for the good info as usual ? 

yea I’m not into loud bikes either. To me if one wants more power just get a bigger motored bike. Just go bigger till it feels like more than enough . I have an fmf with inserts on my 2 4t Betas and still feel like going back to stock sometimes because of the added noise. Only thing that holds me back is a little bling factor and it’s lighter.. plus it’s already on. I don’t feel a large increase in power. It’s not feeling like much at all. It looks cool. .. but quiet bikes are the best.  I even just put a pro circuit shorty slip on on my300 rr. .. just for a little weight loss and to try.  It’s still pretty quiet and saves weight but the power difference isn’t a lot. If much at all. I could even go back to stock there too for that matter in the future.

• Like 3

Thanks for the good info as usual ? 
yea I’m not into loud bikes either. To me if one wants more power just get a bigger motored bike. Just go bigger till it feels like more than enough . I have an fmf with inserts on my 2 4t Betas and still feel like going back to stock sometimes because of the added noise. Only thing that holds me back is a little bling factor and it’s lighter.. plus it’s already on. I don’t feel a large increase in power. It’s not feeling like much at all. It looks cool. .. but quiet bikes are the best.  I even just put a pro circuit shorty slip on on my300 rr. .. just for a little weight loss and to try.  It’s still pretty quiet and saves weight but the power difference isn’t a lot. If much at all. I could even go back to stock there too for that matter in the future.

I have the shorty q stealth on my 17' 250rr. My buddies regularly comment how they can barely hear my bike when they are behind me. When they are in front they can't hear it at all when I'm right behind them. I've grown to really like this about the bike.
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, NW_drZ said:

I have the shorty q stealth on my 17' 250rr. My buddies regularly comment how they can barely hear my bike when they are behind me. When they are in front they can't hear it at all when I'm right behind them. I've grown to really like this about the bike.

Hmm a shorty stealth .. something else to keep in mind.?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NW_drZ said:

Never heard of a shorty Q Stealth, its not shown on FMF site.

6 minutes ago, mtdirtbag said:

Apparently FMF has an agreement with Beta USA and only Beta can sell it.

ya when i bought the bike from the dealer i needed the spark arrestor.  He had both the Q stealth and the Shorty Q stealth in stock so i picked it up then.  I had a Dr.D on my FX that was super short and tucked away.  I really liked that for damage purposes and wanted the same for the Beta.

• Like 2

ya when i bought the bike from the dealer i needed the spark arrestor.  He had both the Q stealth and the Shorty Q stealth in stock so i picked it up then.  I had a Dr.D on my FX that was super short and tucked away.  I really liked that for damage purposes and wanted the same for the Beta.

Wish drd did pipes for beta

• 3 weeks later...