Medicmike

Warranty issue dealer trying to get me?

6 posts in this topic

Took my Polaris 800 midsize to a dealer for side by side not coming out of gear with out force.  Seems to be idle to high.  There response was the battery had corrosion on it and that caused the side by side to idle up and that's why it was hard to get out of gear so now they saying I owe 100.00 even after buying a 1400.00 dollar warranty.  I checked the battery a few weeks prior to going to shop with it and did not notice any corrosion.  Is the problem dealer says possible?  Help got to go up there tomorrow and talk with them

Took my Polaris 800 midsize to a dealer for side by side not coming out of gear with out force.  Seems to be idle to high.  There response was the battery had corrosion on it and that caused the side by side to idle up and that's why it was hard to get out of gear so now they saying I owe 100.00 even after buying a 1400.00 dollar warranty.  I checked the battery a few weeks prior to going to shop with it and did not notice any corrosion.  Is the problem dealer says possible?  Help got to go up there tomorrow and talk with them

Edit

No experience with this machine, but sounds kinda far fetched to me. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Pay the $100 and enjoy your 800.
Warranties  are pure profit to the dealer.
They may or may not honor a warranty.

Edited by arthur6

Is it working correctly now? If it is, I would take it and move on.

Please do not post multiple thread about the same subject.