2018 450 shoot out - dirtbike magazine

I feel like Suzuki was cheated on that one. I mean, with some suspension tuning made entirely for one and only one rider, aftermarket exhaust, and some re-gearing I feel like the Suzuki would have been at least 3rd place. Dirt Rider tests the bikes in stock form, and do not account for any aftermarket fixes. The Suzuki in my opinion is the best cornering bike of them all, and with a little help from some aftermarket setup, can become a bike worth 3rd or even 4th place AT THE LEAST! I mean, the 2018 Honda CRF450 weighs 248lbs and the Suzuki weighs 247lbs. I know what you are thinking, "oh but thats only by one pound", but heck yeah it is! That tells you that Honda has disregarded what almost all their riders have said for years, "The double pipes are pointless, its gonna get heavier" and guess what? It has! I just wish that Dirt Rider would account for how easy of a fix most of Suzuki's problems are compared to Honda's and most other bikes. 

The order should have been: (If we are accounting for aftermarket fixes)

-Yamaha

-KTM

-Suzuki

-Honda

-Kawasaki

-Husqvarna (Husqvarna is silly. A 2017 model Husqvarna is the 2016 KTM with minor cosmetic changes and a few VERY minor engine upgrades along the way) (I've been to a Husqvarna factory, I know how it works.)

• Like 1

I feel like Suzuki was cheated on that one. I mean, with some suspension tuning made entirely for one and only one rider, aftermarket exhaust, and some re-gearing I feel like the Suzuki would have been at least 3rd place. Dirt Rider tests the bikes in stock form, and do not account for any aftermarket fixes. The Suzuki in my opinion is the best cornering bike of them all, and with a little help from some aftermarket setup, can become a bike worth 3rd or even 4th place AT THE LEAST! I mean, the 2018 Honda CRF450 weighs 248lbs and the Suzuki weighs 247lbs. I know what you are thinking, "oh but thats only by one pound", but heck yeah it is! That tells you that Honda has disregarded what almost all their riders have said for years, "The double pipes are pointless, its gonna get heavier" and guess what? It has! I just wish that Dirt Rider would account for how easy of a fix most of Suzuki's problems are compared to Honda's and most other bikes. 
-Yamaha
-KTM
-Suzuki
-Honda
-Kawasaki
-Husqvarna (Husqvarna is silly. A 2017 model Husqvarna is the 2016 KTM with minor cosmetic changes and a few VERY minor engine upgrades along the way) (I've been to a Husqvarna factory, I know how it works.)

We all now suzuki is the best cornering bike for a decade . But if you thinking abiut aftermarket exaust and mode on suzuki ... then be fair and think about it for all of the bike ... you put some aftermarket exaust on CRF or othera + etc they will be even better !? .
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KTM_rider_EK_17 said:

-Yamaha

-KTM

-Suzuki

-Honda

-Kawasaki

Why even bother with "if it was with aftermarket stuff.........

Its not.

• Like 1