Anyone run a lectron on there yz250?

16 hours ago, baddos said:

What metering rod do you guys run? I bought one for my 250x and I could never get rid of a huge flat spot in the midrange. I ended up going back to the stock carb.

Have you done the power valve spring mod yet ? That almost sounds like what your dealing with instead of jetting . 

On 11/12/2017 at 8:00 PM, Vish said:

Best mod yet. The bonus in gas mileage is worth it alone but the bike runs better than ever too. 

On 11/13/2017 at 9:59 AM, 2 STOKE YZ DOC said:

What are your altitude gains? 

I ride from sea level to 7k feet ASL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cspencemx said:

Question for ya - I just put one on my 02 yz250 ... does your make a odd/cool whistle noise when the choke is on?

It freaked me out at first but motor seems fine so I’m wondering if it’s normal?

Haven't noticed that on mine, although I turn the choke off immediately after starting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cspencemx said:

Hey did you have a different idle after you installed the lectron? I’m getting one that almost seems like it’s starved for fuel .. kind of like what I clogged pilot jet would do

No, I can't say the idle changed. After riding with it for a while ended up adjusting the metering rod in (richer) 1/4 turn. They are extremely closeout of the box though. Is it only at idle? Throttle response bogs? Did you adjust the idle screw each way (when warm)? I don't think you have had a chance to ride it yet, correct? If that's the case, don't get nervous yet and start changing settings until you ride. 

I turn my choke off right after starting and I will say that my keihin took less time to seem responsive or "warmed up". Maybe you are experiencing this? At any rate after the bike is warmed up the Lectron is seemless.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 6:46 PM, Cspencemx said:

Lectron don’t have air screws .. idle, power jet and then the metering rod

My mistake. I have ridden one for first time on Saturday. It came on a used bike I bought. My plan is to richen the metering rod one half turn; hopefully this improves it - I have same condition you listed. 

During the ride I leaned out the power jet screw thinking it was the air screw. ?:bonk:

• Like 2

No, I can't say the idle changed. After riding with it for a while ended up adjusting the metering rod in (richer) 1/4 turn. They are extremely closeout of the box though. Is it only at idle? Throttle response bogs? Did you adjust the idle screw each way (when warm)? I don't think you have had a chance to ride it yet, correct? If that's the case, don't get nervous yet and start changing settings until you ride. 
I turn my choke off right after starting and I will say that my keihin took less time to seem responsive or "warmed up". Maybe you are experiencing this? At any rate after the bike is warmed up the Lectron is seemless.

Thanks for the reply! Idle is corrected now .. I think it was sucking in air .. I noticed all the Allen bolts were not snug and just barely finger tight for the float bowl .. can’t for the life of me figure out why the hell I didn’t check them before I installed lol
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, 2 STOKE YZ DOC said:

So lets hear what kind of adjustments to get it dialed in are needed. I was looking at these things a while ago and it looks like magic.

Minor fiddling with the metering rod and power jet on initial setup, then nothing.

• 10 months later...