Screwed up my clutch basket?

I just put a new plates in the clutch and just tight the spring bolts and 2 of them just break and springs pop out !? . I didnt fasten the tight ... it was a regular as before . Either i have tighten them so much ( which i dont think so) , or there was some cracks/fault with the bolts20171006_203910.jpg !?

you may not have to drill them out, I have had this happen before on Kawi's and Honda's. I just took a pick and backed the broken part out of the hub with little to no effort. I don't think those bolts break due to the end of the bolt bottoming out, I think they break due to a combination of fatigued bolts/coils binding/too much torque.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tmauto69 said:

you may not have to drill them out, I have had this happen before on Kawi's and Honda's. I just took a pick and backed the broken part out of the hub with little to no effort. I don't think those bolts break due to the end of the bolt bottoming out, I think they break due to a combination of fatigued bolts/coils binding/too much torque.

Tanx , i will try it befor opening the hub 

1 hour ago, wingman111 said:

I find that these bolts should be single use, that being said you can probably extract them with reverse drill bits, they are usually not stuck just need to be reversed out.

i think the same ? , i will buy a torque meter + every second time i will change the bolt as well . 

Did this once myself, ok twice. Took it to the local bike shop that charged me nothing to take them out. The second time I had to bring beer for the shop guys. A pick should probably do it but if you are mechanically challenged like me a bike shop is good. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tmauto69 said:

16 hours ago, wingman111 said:

I find that these bolts should be single use, that being said you can probably extract them with reverse drill bits, they are usually not stuck just need to be reversed out.

On 10/8/2017 at 3:17 AM, S.O.A.N.Z said:

bolts have probably been tightened too much - just get new bolts - drill out - screw extract the old ones

11 hours ago, WrDust said:

Did this once myself, ok twice. Took it to the local bike shop that charged me nothing to take them out. The second time I had to bring beer for the shop guys. A pick should probably do it but if you are mechanically challenged like me a bike shop is good. 

Done it today , he didnt charge me :D and it  take 4min for him to do it . now i am waiting for a new set of bolt to start again :ride:

• Like 1

Don't over torque the new bolts.

For next time... Usually those threads go all the way through to the other side of the hub. So with the hub removed you can drill into the other side of the bolt and they should spin out real easy.

• Like 1

I don't believe that those holes are drilled all the way through.

Don't over torque the new bolts.
For next time... Usually those threads go all the way through to the other side of the hub. So with the hub removed you can drill into the other side of the bolt and they should spin out real easy.

20171009_171319.jpg20171009_171329.jpg