Best pipe 125sx 2016

Hi.

Looking for a new pipe for the bike and mainly looking at HGS and Scalvini. 

Cant really decide as it seems like a toss up. Ive only found dynos of the scalvini and some tuners saying HGS is the best. The closest to test is the MXA Bud/hgs pipe but that doesnt add any numbers just "moves power on top".

Anyone tried both pipes and can compare? 

Thanks

I get yelled at, made fun of, and called a moron every time I say this, but I'm a firm believer in the idea that the best pipe for most bikes is the one it came with. Boring, I know. Back in the '70s and '80s this wasn't true, and a new expansion chamber and silencer from Pro Circuit, JT, Hi-Point, or others could make real gains. The manufacturers cheaped out on pipes, choosing to spend money elsewhere. But as magazine shoot-outs and power numbers have become more and more critical to sales, all OEM's have had to spend R&D dollars on exhaust. I'm convinced that the vast majority of aftermarket pipes move the power or "rob Peter to pay Paul" but don't actually make significant usable additional power across the board. Does this mean buying aftermarket is always stupid? Heck no! Maybe your bike makes a bunch of top end you rarely use but you'd really like more low-end grunt. Buy an FMF Gnarly. Or perhaps you're willing to give up some bottom end for more over-rev. There's a pipe for that. But more power EVERYWHERE? I don't believe in that unicorn for a 2016 bike. Guys who spend $400 to $1200 on an exhaust will say I'm dead wrong and that they can absolutely feel the additional power their new exhaust makes, but I suspect most of that is the need to justify their purchase. Don't take my word for it, though. Call up the folks at RK Tek and ask them. I had this conversation with them when I was ordering my RK billet head. Which, by the way, is less $ than most full exhaust systems and has a broader impact. Or most of us (myself included) could just lose 20 pounds or improve our fitness level and see more real-world gains than a bad-ass pipe. But, you don't get a cool sticker for losing weight, and you can't tell your buddies "it added 8hp, easy!". Even when it didn't...

one thing is for sure, you will puke when the Scalvini gets mashed/dented. 

• Like 1

I get yelled at, made fun of, and called a moron every time I say this, but I'm a firm believer in the idea that the best pipe for most bikes is the one it came with. Boring, I know. Back in the '70s and '80s this wasn't true, and a new expansion chamber and silencer from Pro Circuit, JT, Hi-Point, or others could make real gains. The manufacturers cheaped out on pipes, choosing to spend money elsewhere. But as magazine shoot-outs and power numbers have become more and more critical to sales, all OEM's have had to spend R&D dollars on exhaust. I'm convinced that the vast majority of aftermarket pipes move the power or "rob Peter to pay Paul" but don't actually make significant usable additional power across the board. Does this mean buying aftermarket is always stupid? Heck no! Maybe your bike makes a bunch of top end you rarely use but you'd really like more low-end grunt. Buy an FMF Gnarly. Or perhaps you're willing to give up some bottom end for more over-rev. There's a pipe for that. But more power EVERYWHERE? I don't believe in that unicorn for a 2016 bike. Guys who spend $400 to $1200 on an exhaust will say I'm dead wrong and that they can absolutely feel the additional power their new exhaust makes, but I suspect most of that is the need to justify their purchase. Don't take my word for it, though. Call up the folks at RK Tek and ask them. I had this conversation with them when I was ordering my RK billet head. Which, by the way, is less $ than most full exhaust systems and has a broader impact. Or most of us (myself included) could just lose 20 pounds or improve our fitness level and see more real-world gains than a bad-ass pipe. But, you don't get a cool sticker for losing weight, and you can't tell your buddies "it added 8hp, easy!". Even when it didn't...

you Moran.

you Moran.

Wait a minute... "Moran"? "MorAn"???
That's a town up here in the U.P.
Nice!

Wait a minute... "Moran"? "MorAn"???
That's a town full of morans up here in the U.P.
Nice!

Fify