300XC Crb Drain Bolt

As some may know, the line-up for the drain bolt in carbs are not the most accessible. I am looking for feedback and prospect of developing a new lower piece to make it easier for rider access. I have already started a development team, however, the insight is limited to the few KTM riders of my area.

Please, offer feedback for not only this lower bolt, but any other insight on any machined parts.

Thanks

LTHPitching

There's not much room between the bottom of the drain plug and crankcase. I access it from the rear of the carb with a 14mm 12 point wrench easily enough, but if that 14mm bolt portion was just as little as another 1/8" deeper, it would be a huge help. No need to reinvent the part, just add to it a little.

• Like 1

On my 17 30xc. All I do is loosen both clamps on carb and rotate and I can get a socket on it takes less than one minute. Ones I could not rotate I just use a wrench to get at seems  pretty simple to me never saw the need for any special set up or tool.  This Bike Is so simple to access anything on it. I also love how the frame has a slot in it so you can get a long screw driver in there to change needle. Seems like they actually thought of the person working on the bike with the 17 takes less than two minutes to change jets

• Like 1