motoxgiant

2018 Beta Race Edition Reveal (Thursday Oct 12)

79 posts in this topic

My only observation is that at least 5-6 years ago folks were asking for a stripped down XC type bike(2stk) and they are still disappointed.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

My only observation is that at least 5-6 years ago folks were asking for a stripped down XC type bike(2stk) and they are still disappointed.

George, my guess is that you'll never be disappointed by a Beta ... at least not one you own. Fish or cut bait already.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

George you don’t have an observation of Beta . Zero...  Lots here do. Buy one and ride then you’ll know. I know for instance that If I take off my headlight and tail light etc on my 300 rr it will make absolutely no difference in how fast I am on my 300. I really believe that a few lbs makes absolutely no difference for everyone else’s speed as well. I doubt guys can even feel a difference. I figure some rather have a number plate up front instead of a light. Whatever... Actually George it’s sad even that you were around 5 or 6 years ago in Beta threads . Come on man. Just pick up a good used Beta. There’s a ton of great deals now. 

1 person likes this

Here's sort of why I don't care about if there's a number plate xc type model vs what we all get now for all Beta enduros now.

As an example..

Look how close these 2 were.. 

http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/616-aubert-on-winning-form-in-italy

results_feed_italian_enduro_champs_1_rd3

In regards to Beta coming with a head light or a number plate the link above I think gives a perspective. So now these 2 riders are dicing for a win.  Ones on a 2 stroke and the other on a 4 stroke. What’s the weight difference between the 2 bikes ?????  What's the big difference? ..and these guys are all running with full enduro setup including a headlight . Look at all the top racers here. It's the best in the world and some are running 2 stroke and some 4 stroke and of different sizes bikes and of different weight by sometimes a wide margin.

It's interesting to me that Johnny Aubert was racing the 430 4t Beta the year before.. then before the season started He put it out to the public to help him decide what bike he would be running in the 2016 season . Should he be riding a 300 rr or the 480rr to campaign in the 2016 Enduro world championship season? Well he ended up choosing the 300 race edition instead of the 480. Actually for me I was hoping that he'd pick the 480 just because I like the big bore and no one has been campaigning the big bore Beta 4 stroke since maybe Marko Tarkala a few years back??. Plus others are running 2 stroke so seeing a 4 stroke Beta would be good to see. 

..but personally a number plate up front and a couple of pounds less on a 300rr for instance doesn't make a difference to me.  I know some have their preferences for setup. Ok.. Hey to each their own .  

I don't know if any else here was watching Aubert on facebook and where ever when he was asking what  bike he should ride.  I thought it was an interesting and fun communication with Beta followers of Aubert at the time.

http://enduro21.com/index.php/endurogp/453-johnny-aubert-s-2016-two-stroke-revival

This was part of his posting for the Beta public to comment on.. for those that didn't see at the time.

So now that the announcement of the race editions are done... it's back to waiting for the race editions to come out.. whenever that happens.. and the 125 2t....

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Well they suit our market as is. We rego them the same as the rr our races need this. All the road gear is removed just headlight and tail light left on

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

George you don’t have an observation of Beta . Zero...  Lots here do. Buy one and ride then you’ll know. I know for instance that If I take off my headlight and tail light etc on my 300 rr it will make absolutely no difference in how fast I am on my 300. I really believe that a few lbs makes absolutely no difference for everyone else’s speed as well. I doubt guys can even feel a difference. I figure some rather have a number plate up front instead of a light. Whatever... Actually George it’s sad even that you were around 5 or 6 years ago in Beta threads . Come on man. Just pick up a good used Beta. There’s a ton of great deals now. 

Spoken as a true liberal, why am I not surprised? Sorry, I forgot that any view that doesn't agree with your is verbotten. What the heck was I thinking?

On 10/14/2017 at 6:25 AM, YHGEORGE said:

Spoken as a true liberal, why am I not surprised? Sorry, I forgot that any view that doesn't agree with your is verbotten. What the heck was I thinking?

Liberal? Is that what it is when you buy a bike and ride it so know how it runs?  :smirk: I don’t think you understand the meaning of that word. You better look it up in the dictionary. .. and really throwing that word around whenever you don’t have a legitimate leg to stand on is sad.  Really George I’m not bullshitting you. It’s not a disagreement with you at all. I honestly wish you’d buy a beta and ride it. I know exactly where you are as far as what I rode is what you ride which is an 01 cr 250 honda. I rode it over a decade and it’s a good bike. But come on you’ve been in these threads for years...pushing a decade now.. amazing  . I can’t in good conscience not say anything to you about this . I feel I know you enough to give you shit about this. I think it was around. 2008 or 2009 that You we’re in the exotics threads and the conversation was about getting the Ktm rfs powered 450 and 525 Beta enduros. You ought to be expecting me or anyone here who’s been around to give you shit about this. All my friends bust my balls.:excuseme:

On October 11, 2017 at 6:40 PM, Johnny Depp said:

This is one of my favorite parts, the new model reveal......

betamodel.jpg

betagirl.jpg

I just don't understand why beta can't order up a decent model. If the models look like trolls the bikes must really be shit..

3 minutes ago, Casing-daily said:

I just don't understand why beta can't order up a decent model. If the models look like trolls the bikes must really be shit..

They are. Don’t get one. They suck.

2 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

They are. Don’t get one. They suck.

Yes I know. The sherco is obviously the superior bike. :applause:

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Casing-daily said:

Yes I know. The sherco is obviously the superior bike. :applause:

image.jpeg

Oh yea... Sherco's superior  ... till your battery dies :thumbsup::smirk:  What you doing here? Go troll the sherco sites where the bikes are "superior" :doh::ride:

Do they sell a Sherco tow rope as an accesory? You could get one with a nice blue S embroidered on there.

10 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Oh yea... Sherco's superior  ... till your battery dies :thumbsup::smirk:  What you doing here? Go troll the sherco sites where the bikes are "superior" :doh::ride:

HDR there is a phobia for everything and you have a deep rooted fear of batteries. I think it stems from abandonment issues. 

I have to drop in every once in a while to explain the way things are or you get all mixed up. 

Edited by Casing-daily

2 hours ago, Casing-daily said:

HDR there is a phobia for everything and you have a deep rooted fear of batteries. I think it stems from your abandonment issues. 

I have to drop in every once in a while to explain the way things are or you get all mixed up. 

I don't have a fear of batteries at all. I got em on all my Betas. It's just that if I have to ride with guys that ride shercos and their batteries die I'll probably have to end up towing them out.. So did ya get one of those Sherco tow straps? You better get one.. I don't need one.. I can just kick to start. You do know what that is right? Oh that's right you can't put one of those on your bike.. aww that's ok you can practice bump starting .:thumbsup:

hey when did you get a sherco? I got a couple of friends that got 300's.

here's one friend that I ride with that lives by me.. He had a ktm 300 before this..I take that back ..he had a 17 husky xc.. he got rid of that fast.. I don't know what happened there.

I'm sure he'd love a nice 18' Beta race edition though.. you know.. with a kicker put on.:ride:

46 minutes ago, Casing-daily said:

HDR there is a phobia for everything and you have a deep rooted fear of batteries. I think it stems from abandonment issues. 

Actually it's just common sense. Why buy a bike that purposely eliminates the most reliable option to start a bike when the battery dies.. 

So what jealous? ya wanna buy a new race edition so you're visiting the Beta threads? I know it's sort of how boys actually pull little girls hair when they actually really like them... So I guess this is kicker envy? 

They're nice! 

beta2018steveholcombe.jpg

25 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Actually it's just common sense. Why buy a bike that purposely eliminates the most reliable option to start a bike when the battery dies.. 

So what jealous? ya wanna buy a new race edition so you're visiting the Beta threads? I know it's sort of how boys actually pull little girls hair when they actually really like them... So I guess this is kicker envy? 

They're nice! 

beta2018steveholcombe.jpg

The kicker is a non issue, we know they can't fit it because of the positioning of the motor which is one of the reasons it handles much better than the beta. Much. 

It's really a shame you won't get to experience the joy of owning the better bike because of your petty fears. I feel sorry for you HDR...:moon:

Edited by Casing-daily

18 minutes ago, Casing-daily said:

We know they can't fit a kicker because of the positioning of the motor which is one of the reasons it handles much better than the beta. Much. It's a non issue. 

It's really a shame you won't get to experience the joy of owning the better bike because of your petty fears. I feel sorry for you HDR...:moon:

I actually feel sorry for you .. We know you're here to troll and you can't kick start your bike when the battery dies.. :thumbsup: I'd never buy a Sherco . It's nice... for you.. 

So ya got that tow rope ready and all packed up in your backpack?.. be prepared..:smirk:  You can hang out with all the bikes like the ktm freeride guys..:facepalm::lol:

RR-Racing-2t-My-18---left---300_1.jpg

Maybe you can make a Sherco vid on dead batteries?  :lol:  

You can model the new Sherco tow straps too!!! 

Hey Casing!!! honestly.. troll somewhere else..  You aren't interested in the Beta new race editions. Save  for pro racing threads etc.. and Town Square. It's more appropriate there.