kyle01

Fastway System 3 steering damper

23 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

Don't take my word for it. I'm 'Mr Stongly Opinionated' around here..... but then I've had 19 different bikes in 11 years and have ridden over 3,000 hours....so what do I know...

kran yur so wound up.. He's probably not riding high speed like you are.. He's mentioned woods and illinois.. He may not need what you need a damper for . .. you're doing more high speed. There's less chance of high speed in the woods. It's more like low speed and a damper isn't as critical there.

1 person likes this

Taken with a grain of salt... no worries.  I know I probably don't "need" a damper for the stuff we ride.  My original question revolved around being able to buy a mount for the fastway to fit my 430 due to the free nature of the damper... I've run a damper in the woods previously and I personally like what it did for me in the rocks/roots/ruts.  But no, I wouldn't call that kind of riding high speed by any stretch!   At any rate, I appreciate the input.  Even from "highly opinionated" guys... (I've probably read every one of your threads KRAN, I love how you get some guys wound WAY up)

I have the 3, it has really helped this year with our split racing format. The track gets really ate up after youth,  trail rider, D, and C classes. The return to center and low speed are very precise and repeatable. I run 4 on low speed and it is great for all the chop, 5 is just too much for the woods but awesome in the high speed sections.