Best price for a clutch pack?

Dealer or Beta parts sites.. I’ve ordered through my dealer and once through eBay... you check cross reference thread or search? There’s apico but some are concerned about tolerances compared to oem Idk.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
4 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Dealer or Beta parts sites.. I’ve ordered through my dealer and once through eBay... you check cross reference thread or search? There’s apico but some are concerned about tolerances compared to oem Idk.

I hadn't looked but I thought OEM was pretty damned expensive, did they fix their pricing?

48 minutes ago, gr4vitas said:

I hadn't looked but I thought OEM was pretty damned expensive, did they fix their pricing?

Everything oem priced part from Beta..(except plastics) is more expensive than aftermarket but it all depends on you on what you think is better. I know some swear by honda oem and some don't care if they buy tusk. Some say going cheap means more than pricing is cheap. I don't know personally as far as Beta is concerned. I forget now but I think I had an apico aftermarket clutch kit for my 350rr changed out.. but my dealer might have put in an oem set as he didn't like the aftermarket. I don't know what's in actually right now..I'm not sure which clutch kit he ended up putting in. I didn't buy a clutch kit for my 300rr yet. I've used tusk clutch kits on my honda cr 250 and for the 525  ktm motor in my 525 Beta. They seem alright to me but Some feel very sensitive about what is the best kit. I know some friends would never not go oem on honda cr 250...:excuseme: look it up and judge yourself. just put up a search.

The OEM is stellar in quality, and it has more/smaller friction contact points (better modulation) than the aftermarkets do.

Mine was $328 for fibers and steels.

YZ450 is rumored to fit, have not tried it.

The OEM is stellar in quality, and it has more/smaller friction contact points (better modulation) than the aftermarkets do.
Mine was $328 for fibers and steels.

Holy crap that is expensive!! Note to self, don't abuse the clutch ;)

1 hour ago, NW_drZ said:

Holy crap that is expensive!! Note to self, don't abuse the clutch ;)

I abuse the frigging crap out of my clutch, and the plates were indistinguishable from stock after 100 hours. Mic'd the same too.

The basket is just starting to get little bumps on some fingers. The hub shows marks, but they are not indentations.

Apparently, the clutch bumpers are very effective!

The only reason I changed mine was to remove the judder parts, figured it might be time, and anyway I needed another fiber to do that...so I used one of the originals.

I’ve abused the hell out of my clutch on my 300  rr for a couple years now. It’s working great.  I guess I ought to have a set on hand to switch out . Maybe I should try one of the cheaper brands of clutch while my stock plates are still fine and I can switch back quick if the cheaper aftermarket feels shitty. I’ve seen those apico for a hundred bucks or so. I forget but it’s cheaper. I used tusk brand clutch kits for my cr and my 525 and they were dirt cheap and worked well. They were so cheap that I’d change out yearly out of guilt. I think those were like $70 with springs,fiber and steel plates. That’s stupid cheap. Rocky Mountain brake pads are stupid cheap too. This 300 hasn’t cost me anything though. .. just the normal things go out like countershaft seal. Brake pads.. I don’t even think I’ve done a wheel bearing. that’s every bike. With my cr I would have had to change out a water pump shaft and bearing and seal etc and other crap for sure.. like a melted plastic radiator T .  ... knock on wood my 300rr has been more reliable. So far at least.. hope it stays that way. 

15 hours ago, GP said:

YZ450 is rumored to fit, have not tried it.

They do fit, Those are what I used to replace mine.

35 minutes ago, ballisticexchris said:

&%$#@!, no way! ?

Then you all owe me about $160 bucks for not telling me...

35 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

&%$#@!, no way! ?

Then you all owe me about $160 bucks for not telling me...

Ironically I found out from Rekluse. Another option is the Pro-X plates.

3 hours ago, ballisticexchris said:

Any particular model year yz?

I ran the Pro X frictions in my yz250fx with good results. Just noticed Rocky Mountain has the Pro X friction plates for the Beta for $65.

1 minute ago, gr4vitas said:

Good price for a whole kit, but looks like a UK seller?

Yea I guess.. I bought an apico clutch off ebay but forget from where. I have bought a bunch of stuff for my Beta from all over the world.. P-tech from Eastonia.. clutch cover from New Zealand.. etc.. is something wrong with a UK seller??

6 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yea I guess.. I bought an apico clutch off ebay but forget from where. I have bought a bunch of stuff for my Beta from all over the world.. P-tech from Eastonia.. clutch cover from New Zealand.. etc.. is something wrong with a UK seller??

Just shipping cost and wait time.

22 minutes ago, gr4vitas said:

What’s the shipping and wait time? Not much I don’t think. That’s super cheap. I think it lists what it is.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
1 hour ago, gr4vitas said:

What’s the shipping and wait time? Not much I don’t think. That’s super cheap.

It says right there. It’s a whole clutch kit and It’s like $115 shipped and comes in a week or 2 :ride: I don’t see anything cheaper. Is it good enough? I don’t know.