Battery Park vs CAW

I'm planning to go down south this dec to get some riding in and I'm trying to decide weather to hit CAW or Battery Park. which one is better for bikes. I like that CAW has cabins but its not a deal breaker.  thanks, any info is appricated.

I'm planning to go down south this dec to get some riding in and I'm trying to decide weather to hit CAW or Battery Park. which one is better for bikes. I like that CAW has cabins but its not a deal breaker.  thanks, any info is appricated.

Battery Park is focused on MX. CAW is more focused on trail riding. CAW does have cabins and bike rentals.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, elrontx said:

My recommendation would be Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park in Taylorsville, N.C.  They have plenty of bike only single track and their 23 mile trail loop of 1C-to-1B-to-1A(that's the order we ride it in) is not exactly a beginner trail system by any stretch of the imagination.  It's not single track but it has plenty of more challenging sections that will keep you on your toes.  All of the trails are one-way and the park caters more to the dirt bike crowd compared to a place like Carolina Adventure World.  CAW is definitely more ATV and side-by-side oriented but I have ridden my dirt bikes there a few times and had a lot of fun.  Most of the serious dirt bike trail riders in this region prefer Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park or Brown Mountain.

• Like 1

That depends on what a day of riding is for you.  Most likely no, but if you do multiple laps and throw in the wider trails you should have enough for a fun day. My son and I enjoy Battery Park, but we spend more time on track than trails.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ron_m said:

My recommendation would be Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park in Taylorsville, N.C.  They have plenty of bike only single track and their 23 mile trail loop of 1C-to-1B-to-1A(that's the order we ride it in) is not exactly a beginner trail system by any stretch of the imagination.  It's not single track but it has plenty of more challenging sections that will keep you on your toes.  All of the trails are one-way and the park caters more to the dirt bike crowd compared to a place like Carolina Adventure World.  CAW is definitely more ATV and side-by-side oriented but I have ridden my dirt bikes there a few times and had a lot of fun.  Most of the serious dirt bike trail riders in this region prefer Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park or Brown Mountain.

I was thinking about that place, it looks awesome. hows the camping scene? 

2 hours ago, elrontx said:

I was thinking about that place, it looks awesome. hows the camping scene? 

They have primitive camping, but there is a bath house for taking a shower, etc.  You will NOT be disappointed in the types of trails they have at Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park.  There are plenty of challenges up there; such as the 'Goat Trail', 'Enduro Trail', 9C, etc.

Edited by ron_m
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, Justin_H said:

That depends on what a day of riding is for you.  Most likely no, but if you do multiple laps and throw in the wider trails you should have enough for a fun day. My son and I enjoy Battery Park, but we spend more time on track than trails.

a day of riding to me is 4 or 5 hours, after that I'm kinda thirsty.

13 hours ago, ron_m said:

They have primitive camping, but there is a bath house for taking a shower, etc.  You will NOT be disappointed in the types of trails they have at Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park.  There are plenty of challenges up there; such as the 'Goat Trail', 'Enduro Trail', 9C, etc.

that place looks awesome but ill have to check the weather before I go. my riding buddy I'm going with hates the cold and I think SC is warmer. my moms 2 hours from battery park so that might affect the decision as well. ive ridden Cape Fear and Outback before when I visited her, nice spots especially Outback.

• Like 1