2018 te 250i

Sorry was out when I wrote this.
Basically
When th bike come to the UK it has a special exhaust with a special map and a throttle cap in the air filter box.
What I was told is that all these bits are removed by the dealer when they receive the bike but for some reason on my bike the throttle cap was left in the airbox. I am unsure if the "restricted" parts are required in the UK to make the bike road legal but mine is registered with all the "performance" bits on it so I would assume the restricted parts are used to get the bike through the euro 4 rules? I don't really know a lot about that. Another word that pops up with the other parts installed is homolation? Again I don't know to much about it.

Anything else I'll try to clear it up!

• Like 1

All bikes in the uk are brought in with all restrictions for emissions,the dealer takes it all off and fits the off road parts to make it as it really was designed to be, my bike was still pulling hard at 82mph on a fire road. Bike is a weapon I love it.

• 3 months later...
On 12/6/2017 at 1:12 AM, vpajs said:

Well after a bit of confusion and messing about today i may have figured out the problem. (Have not tested yet but seems plausible)

http://sparepartsfinder.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/ComponentGroupTemplate/Index/19349?modelidentifier=1001177632&isEngine=False

50406012040 – THROTTLE CAP

50406016000 – AIR FILTER SUPPORT

The Throttle cap is what is currently installed in my bike basically a very restrictive cover behind the air filter. When i was looking in the box i was given with a note of "road legal parts" 

i noticed there appeared to be a more traditional air filter support which is a lot more open and would allow more air to flow.

Taking a reasonable guess i would take a guess that something labeled "throttle cap" could cause the issue i mentioned. I am not sure if these are supposed to be removed by the dealer when they build the bike.

It is typical that the day they pick the bike up to check it is when i find this other air filter support. Typical

Anyway if this does sort it i will comment to let everyone know!

Hi, I have the exact same issue with my TE300i. Just to be clear - you removed the throttle cap and bought a new filter support? Thanks any advice. 

Hi bushmansingapore ! 

Well when I realised what I thought the problem was I went looking in my spares box that came with all the road level stuff indicators etc. In that box was a normal air filter cage. Only by luck my brothers friend had his KTM is our unit where we were doing a rebuild and I seen his cage was different. When I did a bit of digging I found that webpage which proved what I thought. I then phoned the supplier who I got the bike from and informed them of the mistake.

So to be clear - Yes I replaced the throttle cap with a standard air filter cage!

Thanks

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vpajs said:

Hi bushmansingapore ! 

Well when I realised what I thought the problem was I went looking in my spares box that came with all the road level stuff indicators etc. In that box was a normal air filter cage. Only by luck my brothers friend had his KTM is our unit where we were doing a rebuild and I seen his cage was different. When I did a bit of digging I found that webpage which proved what I thought. I then phoned the supplier who I got the bike from and informed them of the mistake.

So to be clear - Yes I replaced the throttle cap with a standard air filter cage!

Thanks

Thanks so much! Will check what's under the seat an issue a bollocking to the distributor here.