GYTR Tuner Adjustment For High Altitude? 2015 WR250F

Curious if anyone makes adjustments to their computer for high altitude riding via the GYTR tuner.

Yes, I realize it's fuel injected and it adjusts A/F ratios automatically. I'm just wondering if people adjust fuel and ignition curves to help compensate at all for the power loss at altitude.

(Was on Imogene Pass and other passes in the area last month - up from Oklahoma - and there was certainly a difference in power!)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Does it need adjusting given that its got an MAP sensor (Manifold Air Pressure) - should self compensate

Concur that it should compensate for mixture. My question I suppose is more about making adjustments to somehow compensate for the loss of power (oxygen). I'm running "0's" across the map now. What settings might return some of the lost power at altitude since I don't have it all 'cranked up' now?

EFI on dirtbikes is a very basic open loop system. It's does not adjust 100% to altitude... That being said, unless the jump in elevation was 5000+ in a single ride I wouldn't worry about it... 

Thanks, Monk.
So is there an accepted best practice to 'acclimate' the bike's computer to a higher altitude? (I left oklahoma in the morning - 1100 feet - and drove it in a truck to Colorado and got it out at 9500 feet and immediately rode it over Stony pass at almost 13,000 feet).
Is there some voodoo process like start the bike, let it idle for two minutes, shut it off, let it sit for 2 minutes, etc etc? Sprinkle fairy dust on it?

6 hours ago, High_Country said:

Thanks, Monk.
So is there an accepted best practice to 'acclimate' the bike's computer to a higher altitude? (I left oklahoma in the morning - 1100 feet - and drove it in a truck to Colorado and got it out at 9500 feet and immediately rode it over Stony pass at almost 13,000 feet).
Is there some voodoo process like start the bike, let it idle for two minutes, shut it off, let it sit for 2 minutes, etc etc? Sprinkle fairy dust on it?

The MAP sensor (manifold air pressure) will immediately detect the change and run accordingly. Problem is as Monk stated is it's an open loop system which means no o2 sensor for feedback to the ecu. I'd pull a little fuel out with the tuner and see how it reacts.