Beta RR-S Models Passed CARB!

Wait a minute, I thought the RR-S had the old single injector engines, why did they even need recert? The big news will be when the  RR dual injector models get certified so that next years RR-S lineup can use it.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1

Wait a minute, I thought the RR-S had the old single injector engines, why did they even need recert? The big news will be when the dual injector models get certified so that next years RR-S lineup can use it.

My guess is due to the clutch change? Not too sure though. I'm just excited to be getting my bike soon. I've had my money down on one since the beginning of August!
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ballisticexchris said:

All models of Betas have always been sold in CA. 

Exactly, Beta has always focussed on ensuring that their RS or RR-S ALWAYS pass CARB without issue, there's a crap load of Beta DS bikes in California, and there seems to be a bunch of willing buyers in this state very single year.

And we all know if it passes in this f-ed up state for regs and requirements it will pass in the other 49 ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

Exactly, Beta has always focussed on ensuring that their RS or RR-S ALWAYS pass CARB without issue, there's a crap load of Beta DS bikes in California, and there seems to be a bunch of willing buyers in this state very single year.

And we all know if it passes in this f-ed up state for regs and requirements it will pass in the other 49 ?

And, like my Husky 501, I'd spend another $1-2grand + undoing all the CARB crap to get my bike to run like it should (exhaust, Vortex ECU, desmog, etc).

I kind of wish Beta, KTM, Husky and everyone else would build a 49 state bike and let California decide whether they want them there, rather than ramming a 1 state bike down everyone else's throats.  Californians need to get some gonads and stand up to the environmental zealots running their state. . .

Just saying' . . .

• Like 2

And, like my Husky 501, I'd spend another $1-2grand + undoing all the CARB crap to get my bike to run like it should (exhaust, Vortex ECU, desmog, etc).

I kind of wish Beta, KTM, Husky and everyone else would build a 49 state bike and let California decide whether they want them there, rather than ramming a 1 state bike down everyone else's throats.  Californians need to get some gonads and stand up to the environmental zealots running their state. . .

Just saying' . . .

The libs far out weight the conservatives in CA. Makes it difficult to stand up against the government.

3 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

The libs far out weight the conservatives in CA. Makes it difficult to stand up against the government.

But about the top 3 husky/KTM/Beta what might be closer to the bottom line is, Husky-KTM did not take the time to design their bikes to run better with all the crap. If they spent more time designing the smog crap, Vs. building bikes that require lots of extra money to be thrown at them to run half way decent this conversation would not be happening. 

The Beta with all the smog crap still runs damn good, only the charcoal canister really should be removed to prevent it being rip off and possibly jeopardizing the vacuum system. Even though they build great bikes the arrogant Austrians, IMHO don't give a crap how their bikes run with all the crap.......

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

But about the top 3 husky/KTM/Beta what might be closer to the bottom line is, Husky-KTM did not take the time to design their bikes to run better with all the crap. If they spent more time designing the smog crap, Vs. building bikes that require lots of extra money to be thrown at them to run half way decent this conversation would not be happening. 

The Beta with all the smog crap still runs damn good, only the charcoal canister really should be removed to prevent it being rip off and possibly jeopardizing the vacuum system. Even though they build great bikes the arrogant Austrians, IMHO don't give a crap how their bikes run with all the crap.......

My Husky ran pretty good off the floor.  It runs like a scalded dog now.  I appreciate the "arrogant" KTM/Husky engineers simply figuring out how to get a street legal single cylinder race bike into the US, in spite of CARB, without bastardizing the ability to restore it to a race bike.  It's only money, and very simple work for a weekend mechanic wanna be to extract it's potential.  It's a fantastic machine.   

• Like 1

I’d be happy if they actually just brought back the actual bikes with carburetors. So it was 2015 and earlier except for the 350 rr of that year that was carbed .  ? I know.. just said it anyway..What I’d like and what happens isn’t going to happen.  I’m keeping my 525 RS. ... unless upgrading to a 2015 500 RS and earlier big bore Beta at whatever time in the future..

Simply put it’s all good. 2018 Betas are for sale.?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1