DirtRider250x

CRF250R Valve clearance

11 posts in this topic

Hi just wondering if anyone could tell me what the valve clearance specs for a 2011 honda crf250r are? I have the service manual but I am still unsure what the clearance spec is. 

Any help would be great,

Cheers

20171018_201053.jpg

Intake valve should be at 5 thousandths

Exhaust valve should be at 11 thousandths

Plus or minus 1 thousandths

1 person likes this

Just did mine, they were zeroed out! Had to change everything! Never again! Going back to 2 strokes....

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Crfbraapper said:

Intake valve should be at 5 thousandths

Exhaust valve should be at 11 thousandths

Plus or minus 1 thousandths

Cheers

7 minutes ago, Trail_Dude said:

Just did mine, they were zeroed out! Had to change everything! Never again! Going back to 2 strokes.... emoji3.png

Im hoping to sell this one soon to be able to fund another ktm 300

1 person likes this

Im hoping to sell this one soon to be able to fund another ktm 300

We are thinking alike! I want the ktm 300 also!
The crf250r was fun, but on the 2nd shim job (super easy btw, you can be done in 1-2 hours even if you don't know what you are doing) my valves were zeroed and after spending unwanted money at Honda to seat the valves, (I did everything else) I discovered, I will never get that money back.
I tried selling the whole bike with 30 mins on the engine and I am getting super low balled. So I will part the bike out until I have enough for my next bike.

I just put stainless steel pro x valves in my crf250r I lapped the valves myself by hand wasn't bad at all an I have roughly 10-15 hours on them so far an she fires up first kick everytime

1 person likes this

I did my 2012 the other day and it was dead in the middle of that range. First valve check I ever did.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By aminem
      I have never ridden 2t dirt-bike , i start my dirt bike adventure this year with a 4t yz450 and i love this sport. now am interested to test 2t cross and want to use it for enduro and MX. are this bikes ( yz250) good for both enduro and MX use !? i heard that yz250 is the same from 2006 up to 2016 and have no change . what about honda cr250r !? which year and model of this two brand worth owning !?
    • By bstinson94
      Hey all,

I utilize a Baja Light Kit but am looking to add a rear brake light in addition to just the turn signals which come along with the Baja kits. Theoretically, can I utilize a Tusk rear fender brake light in conjunction with the Baja system. It seems to me that I would have to employ two different switching systems on my handlebars to allow this as well as wire the rear fender brake light in a different way. Am I just a little crazy in the attempt of something like this?
    • By sambee777
      This comes from a fairly frustrating position after looking at various bikes for weeks on end... I am 5 foot 4, which when looking at off-roading trail riding suitable bikes limits me somewhat (or it did to begin with).
      To begin with I looked (or tried for want of a better phrase) at Gas Gas Pamperas or CRF230s. Pamperas appear very few and far to come by (UK) and the CRF230s are either a lot of money for what you get, are stolen (not interested), or non runners... Plus, my worry with these is that I would quickly get too comfortable on them and want something a little bigger again...
      At the moment I have an XR125, which has been an excellent bike for me to learn on - both on and off road. But now I find myself wanting to challenge myself a little more off-road and subsequently need something with a little more go.
      I've come here looking for ideas.
      I don't want something new/expensive given that it is simply a bike I will be learning on. It also needs to be 'easier to lower' or low enough for me already (I believe my max seat height is between 34-35 inch seat height), not too maintenance heavy, and not too intimidating - whilst being capable of trail riding and being fun.
      Am I asking for too much?  
    • By Jonathan Wall
      Hi everyone I just purchased a 1986 XL600r that was running ok when I bought it two days ago, but would bog down around 1/4 throttle. I drove it around some yesterday staying off the throttle, and she did fine , but not running quite right.  At one point after shutting her down in town, had a real hard time (10 minutes) trying to restart her. I finally got her started and got her home. I tried to fire her up the next day in order to try and tune the carb for the altitude Im at. 
      Long story short, she just wouldnt start (wheras before it was very easy to start) - almost like she wasnt getting spark. Well I pulled the plug wire boot and the wire was completely disconnected from the coil! I figured this wire having been super loose while riding was likely the poor throttle issue I was having. Well reconnected to the plug wire to what I think was the coil, then pulled the plug to check that it was super black and sooty. I replaced with a new plug and.... still nothing. Not even close to turning over.
      Whats going on here? My next step is replacing the ignition coil and wire with a new one, but anything else I'm missing here? Thanks.
      edit: this bike had a new stator installed last summer.
    • By Destructokhan
      Hi,
      I have a 2002 Honda XR250R and I love the bike but the gas tank but, let's be honest, it is quite bland. The seat also dips quite low in comparison to the top of the gas tanks so cornering is more difficult compared to other bikes. I was wondering if there is any street bikes (such as the newer xr250 or the cr230) who's gas tank and seat is interchangeable with my older XR. I have looked at aloop kits and such but they are just too expensive. Not the older XR has a single beam to the handle bars while the newer Hondas have a "double wishbown" frame style. 
      Thanks so much