Looking for opinions on possible purchase

29 minutes ago, bh867 said:

Still haven’t been able to get up there to look at the bike. I did go look at a 16 250rr that is gorgeous. Lots of extras and very well cared for. It’s more expensive but I am debating going that route even though I was set on the 300 I’m not opposed to a 250 either. I thought the price on the 250 was good too @5k since it was in great shape and with all the extras (Marzocci 48mm Forks with coated tubes, Valved Sachs Shock, GPR stabilizerARC levers, DUBYA wheels, FMF factory Fatty, FMF spark arrestor and non spark arrestor also included, Supersprox sprockets, BRP Chain guide, Mylers oversized Radiators, Radiator Gaurds), but we’ll see, it’s a tough decision at this point. The 250 is a turn key ready to go ride, and has the oil injection which I like while the 300 I doubt would be good to go right out the gate. The 300’s definitely seem to sell easier. 

5C83AEF2-C9BB-49A3-820A-0F68BCE3577E.jpeg

9A298E1D-C8C2-4765-859B-5D93CE02B2BC.jpeg

7BA2C490-8141-4981-91C2-60587A6E3F4C.jpeg

FBE0D3B7-B968-4774-8B20-17F3111C9258.jpeg

Shit this is an unreal deal with no issues. For 5 k and cherry? Get the 250.  .. or the 300 but this 250 looks like in way better shape and with great goodies. I swear you guys have some great choices. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GP said:

Somehow I'm missing this link.  80 hrs is nothing if the motor didn't suck dirt.  Thats a 200 hr top end with good care.  I would want to know more about the conversion, what shock, was it length adjusted, etc.  KYB stuff is great when valved accordingly.  Even if the components need some work at that price its workable, and you end up with better than new OEM suspension.  Gotta know exactly what your getting though.  Too short a shock and the wrong fork lug offset will make it scary.  Get more detailed info and pics.

The forks on the 300 seem to be HUSKY KYB's which are the correct offset and length.  However the conversion seems to be a complete hack from the outside, so I would question what is inside.  if he gets the bike for $3500, I think he's gonna dump at least 1k if not more into it right away.  It looks like the only thing the guy maintained was the fuel level!   At that point he isn't far off from the better maintained 250.  IMO there is nothing wrong with the 250's at least for my technical riding.  The Marzocchi forks were some of the best forks I've ever ridden and some (mine included) had anodizing issues, but if that has been already addressed then I think the 250 is a solid bike out of the gate and will likely has less "surprises" awaiting you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WoodsRacerDotCom said:

The forks on the 300 seem to be HUSKY KYB's which are the correct offset and length.  However the conversion seems to be a complete hack from the outside, so I would question what is inside.  if he gets the bike for $3500, I think he's gonna dump at least 1k if not more into it right away.  It looks like the only thing the guy maintained was the fuel level!   At that point he isn't far off from the better maintained 250.  IMO there is nothing wrong with the 250's at least for my technical riding.  The Marzocchi forks were some of the best forks I've ever ridden and some (mine included) had anodizing issues, but if that has been already addressed then I think the 250 is a solid bike out of the gate and will likely has less "surprises" awaiting you!

I agree, I'm talking with the guy that has the 250 and we're working on making something happen. I should know by tomorrow night wether or not I'll be riding a beta this weekend :) 

• Like 1

The 250 Beta motor is awesome. It has enough off the bottom and revs out long and smooth. Most people overlook it in favor of the 300, but might find they are faster on the 250.

• Like 4

I like my buddy’s 250rr too. Its got a little less low end but still tons and it revs a little quicker.. fun bike. I almost could go either or with the 250 or 300 but I like my 300. Right now it’s weird. Guys with 250 go to 300 top ends and guys with 300s have gone to 250 top ends . :excuseme: . I had a 250 for over a decade and wanted the little more low end so the 300 rr wins out for me.... but if I wanted to buy a Beta and only 250’s were available I’d jump on it. The Beta 250 rr is much better than the 250 I had. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

Ended up buying the 250 finally. Had an unexpected trip out of town and had to put it off but made a late night trip last night to pick it up, unloaded it and haven’t even had a chance to ride it or make room in the garage for it yet. He threw in a few extras, an ims tank, all of the stock stuff he had pulled off, and a 300 jug so maybe I’ll mess with that someday, but for now I’m just excited to ride. Thanks for all of the opinions, this was a well maintained bike. I’m glad i went this direction instead of messin with the cobbled together 300. Now let’s see if i can’t get this thing out and wreck it a couple times lol

91C962C0-D34B-4B62-B860-1A7675655B4F.jpeg

CC49C701-C4D1-46C0-AC93-59BD6DDB20C1.jpeg

B06CDD82-3C4E-403A-A227-03A91CFF42F2.jpeg

• Like 7

Should be out for the first ride tomorrow. Excited to finally get out and go!

• Like 1

Finally got out for a quick ride today. I wanted to go longer but my brother had to get back. I had a blast regardless. I’m happy with the purchase and fell more and more in love with the bike as the day went on. Made some adjustments to the power valve which I liked. I ended up putting it flush and really liked that. I put the stabilizer on the softest setting and left it. It was on the 3rd notch at the beginning of the day and I felt like it was too much. I really doubt these bikes need one. I’m going to play with suspension settings next time but all in all I loved it!

7F310AF5-D260-4657-9D61-4867CA2CD20E.jpeg

• Like 4

You stole that bike, might be the best deal you ever make. :thumbsup: Quit showing pics of that awesome terrain.

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 2

Great looking bike. I have a YZ250 with the motor set up for torque. It's just as torquey as a standard 300 but no vibes and revs quick without that top end "pull your arms off" power the 300s have.

• Like 1

Brake pedal action was sloppy so I swapped out the clevis and it made a huge difference. Also picked up a fastway kickstand. Now I just need to go test the parts out 😀

1D779965-539A-406A-952F-F68D3CAB0660.jpeg

2D7731BE-17C3-4DAC-8A64-69CBCB941CDB.jpeg

15 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

It didn’t come withakickstsnd?

Nope he had taken it off. Only thing he couldn't find

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

It would have been a bunch cheaper buying stock I think. But that’s ok it looks nice.

Ya I didn't want a stock one

• Like 1

Got out for a ride today, this bike is addicting. Like it more and more each ride!

D7081229-4FE8-4EE6-89CA-AA0C220C7256.jpeg

1BCBFC13-F5DC-496A-8A0F-40CAD59604CA.jpeg

218C0820-5140-4E33-AB8B-49A50F0A2F2F.jpeg

• Like 4

Went out again today for a solo ride. Pulled a bone head maneuver and hooked up one of the tie downs wrong, luckily I wasn’t moving very fast 😂. I think I’m in love with this lil bike tho, all I wanna do is ride the dang thing.  

C50139E6-85F0-4110-A3A3-8D1E386B261C.jpeg

C3D3B2AE-4D4B-4EEA-9EED-650C9086C61C.jpeg

1B1130CE-837E-4AFD-87DF-0528E85EDBC1.jpeg

CEE02137-8A2B-4158-8080-64222F667FCB.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 0:20 AM, MartyMOOSE said:

What brand is the clevis ? 

MM 

It’s a tusk. Picked it up bc it was pretty cheap and couldn’t be worse than the worn out piece it replaced. It’s a nice part. Fit nice and tight. For 12$ can’t go wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bh867 said:

It’s a tusk. Picked it up bc it was pretty cheap and couldn’t be worse than the worn out piece it replaced. It’s a nice part. Fit nice and tight. For 12$ can’t go wrong. 

Yeh found them :) By the time I ship to Australia its a bit expensive. Will shim the std unit again :(

• Like 1