Looking for opinions on possible purchase

What is everybody running for jetting? I’m riding between 2-5k elevation and I, running the oil injection. I fouled a plug today and it’s been running rich since I bought it. I’ve searched quite a bit and it seems most threads are talking about the 300. Also I’m curious if the oil injection changes things? 

I'll dig out my manual and let you know what I'm running in my 300, set-up for 3000 to 7000 feet. Look up GP's posts, he probably has something out there which would give you a starting point, you will have to watch for when he converted his 300 to the 250 and also take in the fact that he is basically at sea level. I just used the chart on the betausa.com support page for 2013 to 15 and it has worked well, not sure if the original owner of your bike adjusted the float level but most that I know of needed to be adjusted to a lower level which improves mileage greatly. I never experienced plug fouling tho just excessive fuel usage.

• Like 2

My notes on jetting - I used the 2501 to 4900 altitude @ 60-75 temps which is 165 main, 35 pilot, N2ZJ set @ #2 needle clip with the air screw adjusted as needed (I show between 1 1/2 to 2 turns in my notes) As far as the float setting, I just lowered it a very small amount - no measurements just my experience from many years of messing with bikes. I have also read the many posts on the Suzuki needles and may experiment with those this year, but I'm happy with this setting for trail riding and the very little racing I do anymore. 

Just a side note, you will notice from the chart provided by Beta that it is for the 2013 300RR but it should get you in the ballpark.

Best of luck, Tom

• Like 2

GP has really helped me with jetting my 17' 250RR.  Im running lower elevation than you but thought id share regardless.  About Sea Level to 2500ft is where i end up for the most part.  The temps in the PNW are currently around 35-45 and I'm running GPs exact setup.  170 main, 40 pilot, Suzuki Needle NEDH clip 3, air screw at 1.5, float level adjusted from the factory settings.  This has been the best my bike has ran.  Super crisp, smooth from the very bottom to the very top.  I also removed the OI (it was starting to act up).  Between the stock and Suzuki needle I definitely prefer the Suzuki needle as it smooths out the transition onto the pipe.  

During the mid fall, when the temps were more in the 50's i was running a 168, 38, NEDW clip 3 which also produced great results.  If GP tunes in I'm sure he will recommend you a good starting point.  Good luck!    

• Like 2

Great info here guys, thanks a bunch for all the help! I may swap in a Suzuki needle while I’m in there after hearing so many people use them with good results. 

6 hours ago, bh867 said:

Great info here guys, thanks a bunch for all the help! I may swap in a Suzuki needle while I’m in there after hearing so many people use them with good results. 

Just put a suzuki NECJ needle in my 300. i just installed it tonight and removed the stock needle. less pipe bang, less smoke, rads warmed fast, willing to rev out more rapidly, overall cleaner running. don't know on fuel mileage yet - suspect float adjustment next.

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, shrubitup said:

Just put a suzuki NECJ needle in my 300. i just installed it tonight and removed the stock needle. less pipe bang, less smoke, rads warmed fast, willing to rev out more rapidly, overall cleaner running. don't know on fuel mileage yet - suspect float adjustment next.

Awesome. What clip are you running it in? What’s your elevation and do you know the rest of your jetting specs?

Also ordered a Clake clutch for it today. Thought I’d give it a try, my finger gets a lil sore after a long ride. I’m getting soft lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bh867 said:

Awesome. What clip are you running it in? What’s your elevation and do you know the rest of your jetting specs?

Similiar to nwdrz. 40 pj, 170 mj, 1 turn a.s., 3rd clip. Elevation 0-2,000 during winter.

7 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Similiar to nwdrz. 40 pj, 170 mj, 1 turn a.s., 3rd clip. Elevation 0-2,000 during winter.

I've been talking to Nwdrz but his is a 250.  For a 300 in winter the NECW #3 will likely be better.  Your a bit rich on the pilot and lean on the dia now, so some imbalance there.  What has worked great in my 300 for cool weather, 0 - 1200' :

NECW#3, 168m, 38p, a/s 1.25t

Buy these needles as a set of two pairs (NECJ/NEDJ), (NECW/NEDW) and you can cover all bases, one size does not fit all and the 250s like one dia richer.  For the 250 you would work with the W and H diameters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GP said:

I've been talking to Nwdrz but his is a 250.  For a 300 in winter the NECW #3 will likely be better.  Your a bit rich on the pilot and lean on the dia now, so some imbalance there.  What has worked great in my 300 for cool weather, 0 - 1200' :

NECW#3, 168m, 38p, a/s 1.25t

Buy these needles as a set of two pairs (NECJ/NEDJ), (NECW/NEDW) and you can cover all bases, one size does not fit all and the 250s like one dia richer.  For the 250 you would work with the W and H diameters.

Thanks, I'll do that. His bike runs really well btw. :cheers:

Thanks, I'll do that. His bike runs really well btw. :cheers:

Shrub I have the NECW needle if you want to try it! You can just buy me more beer in exchange :)
  • Like 1

Made a few changes with the bike lately, tried the Jd jetting kit with the pv mod and really like it so far, feels smoother and torquier. Tonight I installed the Clake One clutch and it feels extremely nice so far, can’t wait to ride it and test it out! Will need to mod my hand guard mount a tough to better clear the hose but shouldn’t take much. 

C59E0D4E-B177-45B2-A151-005E6E78ACEF.jpeg

D1074A22-8705-4FF1-96DE-FD28C7F5CF9F.jpeg

• Like 1