Ronnie Mac!!

1 hour ago, Mongo134 said:

Dis his swing arm say...."I EAT ASS"?

His bar pad said pro gaper, 

54 minutes ago, mog said:

And he got to the final on the worst frame honda ever , I rode a 99 125, only once !!

Only for cornering, since this is the "straight" rhythym hes good. First new bike i purchased was a 99 cr125, i thought i was so cool with that aluminum frame, but that thing did indeed suck! Pretty damn bulletproof though, i rode the piss outta that bike.  Shoulda kept the '94.

• Like 4

That freaking old cr is still faster than $h!+

I wonder if it's stock or if it has one of the big bore engines. I remember a flat track cr engine that was worked way out not stock size giving the big 4t bikes serious problems. It was actually too much power for the bike.

• Like 3

The old Cr engine was better than the later ones , my friend had an Eric gorr 1993 Cr 250 and I can tell you it was faster than a 18 sx 250 , the works husky 250 smokers ( before ktm ) were putting out 60 rwhp when 4 strokes were making 46 , but they were too much for even pro( top 5 gp) riders ,they had a map switch to tame them once the rider got tired .

I actually have the dynos somewhere ,the 125 had 39.5 hp but struggled to last a gp

• Like 5

The only modern bike I hated like the old CRF frame is a 14 kxf 250( nice engine though ) it seemed the most rigid thing ever , like it had no suspension, yet others and magazines seemed to think it was decent ? My friend is a 180lb ex championship rider and could not get the suspension to move , you had to hit everything in a straight line , or it would deflect so bad I would go off the track ,sitting down was not an option

• Like 2

Yes ssf forks ,tuners have told me how good they can be , I revalved them for him , put a bleed hole in the shock piston , took about half the shims out and it was ridable and decent ,nothing more , one tuner said they come way soft STD and he doubles the stiffness , I knew at that stage to give up on them, friend has a 17 kxf and says they are actually fairly soft now days , not ridden one since the 14 and didn't feel a urge to bother

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phantom451 said:

I believe the hp of the 125. Some older 125 are stupid fast or have espeederxtreme potential. I know I sound dumb about my 99 yz but it goes really good. Most people at the track are in awe of the bike being a 99.

98/99 till 2001 were the powerhouses if I remember correctly. 6 speeders until 02.

• Like 1

The yz always was a good engine , good mixture of top middle and bottom

I had a 2002 Cr 125 , I did everything to it , grinding the power valves to the same profile as the exhaust port( took 3 hours of grinding ) , wulf ignition , vertex piston , pipe , air box mods , it made around 34hp , the STD 03 kx 125 made 33 and had tons more bottom and mid , I about cried , I sold the Cr and got a kx (similar top end to the yz , someone even put a yz cylinder on one I believe ) I then made a kx 133 big bore and raced it illegally in the amca ( no one really cared ) it was super fast and fun

• Like 6

98/99 till 2001 were the powerhouses if I remember correctly. 6 speeders until 02.

The 01 had a 38mm carb but it isn't on par with the 99. The new yz125 isn't either. I would have bought one of I didn't anihilate so many of them in 2016. 99 Imo is faster than a new one.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, regul8or said:

Wondering how many 98 CRs are gonna get bought now that we're sitting on Craigs, bet they just gained a few Benjamin's from the Mac displaying its greatness !!

2T sellers on craigslist are only slightly more delusional than guys selling yz400/426 bikes when it comes to price.

• Like 7