USA DRZ400E off road only to a KTM 500 EXC-F

On 10/24/2017 at 1:18 PM, newk75 said:

Plus with a Beta in your garage you can go to sleep at night KNOWING  that you are a better person than a KTM owner.

Notice how the KTM guys won't even look at the camera! You are on the right track, great bikes.

:smirk:

I want a TE300 for the same reason(s). ;)

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 1

If you like easily doing roll on willies in fifth gear at 55 miles an hour then your KTM EXC 500 is the best choice. As far as the KTM being too lean that’s a bunch of crap runs perfect right out of the box. As for my 2017 yes I did the desmog and bumped up the voltage on the TPS, Opened the exhaust and Pulled the reeds out of the airbox, but the sucker screams.Good luck.

I have a friend who just bought a 501.Would a newby new to desmog
It to ride DS? Thanks

On 10/25/2017 at 0:14 PM, Diverdown said:

I can agree with everybody here. Simply way too many variables. Any bike is gonna need some work, especially suspension.

I had my heart set on a BETA 250 RR, and then I rode the 2016 BETA 480 RR RE you see just above my rear tire. I still want a 2t, but not the BETA 250 RR.

By hook or crook, I will get the CC forks of the Race Edition BETA 250RR RE!!!!!!!

AS smooth as the CC SACHS forks were, they had valving for a heavier rider. No need to fear re-shimming the SACHS CC forks, I have already printed the PDF step by step instructions. :D

https://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/Sachs closed cartridge manual_0.pdf

20180406_143450.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

I had my heart set on a BETA 250 RR, and then I rode the 2016 BETA 480 RR RE you see just above my rear tire. I still want a 2t, but not the BETA 250 RR.

By hook or crook, I will get the CC forks of the Race Edition BETA 250RR RE!!!!!!!

AS smooth as the CC SACHS forks were, they had valving for a heavier rider. No need to fear re-shimming the SACHS CC forks, I have already printed the PDF step by step instructions. :D

https://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/Sachs closed cartridge manual_0.pdf

20180406_143450.jpg

Yeh....my dream bike would also be a Beta, but a plated 390.............seems to my way of thinking the perfect all around bike. If one ever came along at an affordable price I just might come out of retirement...............hahahahaha

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Signman606 said:

Yeh....my dream bike would also be a Beta, but a plated 390.............seems to my way of thinking the perfect all around bike. If one ever came along at an affordable price I just might come out of retirement...............hahahahaha

You won't be disappointed. My partner for the Iron Man is 19 and been riding for 15 of those years. He hates whoops, and wheelied through the first seven on that Beta. His review was similar to mine, but he said, "Not sure exactly what a two stroke is like, but that 480 sure pulls hard right from idle. :lol:

• Like 1

Not feeling warm and fuzzy about my Beta right now.  After I was done riding yesterday I found that the intake manifold was cracking around the oil injection nipple.  It wasn't acting up so hopefully it wasn't sucking air yet.  I will be removing the oil injection system and going back to mixing my own gas.  At least I can use Klotz now without issue.  That stuff smells like heaven.

• Like 2