New Owner of 2017 250L

Congrats, on your new bike, I picked a used 2014 250L 2 weeks ago and really enjoy my bike for what it is, here in San Diego we have all kinds of terrian plus the Desert so i need to keep the 250 in check, have other toys for those conditions..... lucky for us here that the winter is just as good as the summer to ride all year long......

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, redcobasc said:

lucky for us here that the winter is just as good as the summer to ride all year long......

I wish! Some guys ride all winter up here but I'm to much of a puss for it, it's freezing cold and soaking wet. I envy you guys that get to ride in warm weather year round.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, once on a 50 said:

Very nice! I'm looking at CRF250L and WR250R. I like the lower seat on the Honda. I may wait till spring to buy.

I had the chance to ride both the crf250l and the wr250r. Now im a die hard honda guy at heart with two honda quads and three honda bikes, but when i took a ride out on that yami something just felt too good. The crf lacks a bit in the engine department I noticed, the wrr definately had alot more power across the rev range, the only place the crf had the wr beat was bottom end pull into 2nd gear but it seemed to vibrate alittle more than the wr and i think the gearing had to do with that also. The wr250r also climbed to a higher top speed, it maxed out at 89 on a 1 mile straight and i was only able to get the crf up to 78 in the same distance. Another thing to add is that for both bikes weighing what they do, they both feel very agile. (The crf felt alittle lighter but i think it’s because at a stop the lower seat height gave me better stability on my feet). The wrr definitely liked to turn better and at night the wr’s headlight threw a more even pattern and covered alot more surface area of the road than the crf (convinced this is because of the shape of the headlight) Now trust me its strange enough for myself to hear this coming out of my honda fanboy mouth but in the end I ended up going with the wr, the stock seat height is a bit taller than the crf (perfect for a 34 inch inseam) but luckly a $140 yamalink lowering link and the  adjustable rear suspension was able to bring it down to basically identical height of the crf. Definitely no regrets and aftermarket support goes on and on for the wr. 

On 10/23/2017 at 5:11 PM, TK Things said:

Well I just sold my ATV and picked up a new 2017 250L. This is my second bike but first dual sport. Been riding ATV's the last 4 years on major trail systems here in Maine. Looking forward to learning and sharing on this site!

Good Job Man!

You are going to love that machine and Dual Sport riding.

Cheers ?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Oldmossyspokes said:

Good Job Man!

You are going to love that machine and Dual Sport riding.

Cheers ?

Great Bike 

I picked up a 2014 with 500 mi. about a year ago 

Did a few mods Yoshimura pipe and silencer EJK K&N removed snorkel from airbox Renthral rear sprocket +2 teeth Racetech rear shock Seat Concepts low wide seat rear fender eliminator with turn signals Fastflex bars aluminum radiator guard and a few other misc 

My goal was to reduce weight  (dropped about 20lbs) increase power (now tops out around 90 mph) and improve comfort and handling on and off road 

Just turned 65 this month and truly love this bike I wanted something I could continue to ride for many more years both on and off road and I believe this is it 

I wish you many happy miles on yours!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NYoung4x4 said:

Great Bike 

I picked up a 2014 with 500 mi. about a year ago 

Did a few mods Yoshimura pipe and silencer EJK K&N removed snorkel from airbox Renthral rear sprocket +2 teeth Racetech rear shock Seat Concepts low wide seat rear fender eliminator with turn signals Fastflex bars aluminum radiator guard and a few other misc 

My goal was to reduce weight  (dropped about 20lbs) increase power (now tops out around 90 mph) and improve comfort and handling on and off road 

Just turned 65 this month and truly love this bike I wanted something I could continue to ride for many more years both on and off road and I believe this is it 

I wish you many happy miles on yours!!!

Awesome ! I got some of the same upgrades planned myself , might have some questions for you in the future. 

51 minutes ago, NYoung4x4 said:

A good website to check out for info and other links is

rickramsey.net/CRF250L.htm

I found alot of good data there didn't follow all of it but a good place to get started 

Awesome thanks! I will be checking this out tonight !