• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

ON SALE!   12/06/2017

Up to 20% off Yuasa Batteries & Battery Accessories!
Ignore

What street bike should I buy?

6 posts in this topic

Okay so I want a street bike because riding dirt bikes right now relieves a lot of stress BUT it takes an hour to get to where I ride and I really don't want to go through the hassle of that just to blow some steam and relieve stress. I'm 15, so I can't even drive, and I have been looking into bikes to save up for, and I know there are people with a lot more experience just with life. So want a four cylinder bike, because I love the way they sound, but every single one I find seems to have too much power and I'm guessing insurance is going to be terrible for someone my age (and also I don't trust myself with something that goes 150+ easily. I've found a couple that I really like the look of, and I'm thinking that since they are naked bikes it'll be hard to go fast, because there's no wind protection or fenders to streamline the air. The Suzuki gsx s750 and the Honda cb650f. I like these bikes because they (supposedly) don't have way too much power to hurt myself or others on. But let me know your opinions, and if there are any other street bikes that sound good without a crap ton of power. I guarantee if I get something with power and speed I'm probably going to try to stupidly show off and get my self injured.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, K1ckStart said:

Okay so I want a street bike because riding dirt bikes right now relieves a lot of stress BUT it takes an hour to get to where I ride and I really don't want to go through the hassle of that just to blow some steam and relieve stress. I'm 15, so I can't even drive, and I have been looking into bikes to save up for, and I know there are people with a lot more experience just with life. So want a four cylinder bike, because I love the way they sound, but every single one I find seems to have too much power and I'm guessing insurance is going to be terrible for someone my age (and also I don't trust myself with something that goes 150+ easily. I've found a couple that I really like the look of, and I'm thinking that since they are naked bikes it'll be hard to go fast, because there's no wind protection or fenders to streamline the air. The Suzuki gsx s750 and the Honda cb650f. I like these bikes because they (supposedly) don't have way too much power to hurt myself or others on. But let me know your opinions, and if there are any other street bikes that sound good without a crap ton of power. I guarantee if I get something with power and speed I'm probably going to try to stupidly show off and get my self injured.

It seems your instincts are right. I'd consider a 500-750 standard style bike, and used until you get a bit of street experience under your belt. Cheaper to upgrade or replace if you crash.

Perhaps even a 650 class dual sport to start with though it doesn't fit your sound requirements.

Problem you have is that at 15 you're too young to legally drive on the street making it to where you can't legally ride on the street as well.

Problem you have is that at 15 you're too young to legally drive on the street making it to where you can't legally ride on the street as well.

I said in the post that I'm looking to something to start saving for. Not to buy right away. I'm just setting a goal right now. Sorry if the title is misleading.

On 10/25/2017 at 7:07 PM, K1ckStart said:

So want a four cylinder bike, because I love the way they sound, but every single one I find seems to have too much power and I'm guessing insurance is going to be terrible for someone my age (and also I don't trust myself with something that goes 150+ easily. I've found a couple that I really like the look of, and I'm thinking that since they are naked bikes it'll be hard to go fast, because there's no wind protection or fenders to streamline the air. The Suzuki gsx s750 and the Honda cb650f. I like these bikes because they (supposedly) don't have way too much power to hurt myself or others on. But let me know your opinions, and if there are any other street bikes that sound good without a crap ton of power. I guarantee if I get something with power and speed I'm probably going to try to stupidly show off and get my self injured.

Ahem, well.. The Gixxus 750 ('18 model anyway) makes close to 100 RWHP, enough to go well over 100 mph. The CB650F is a little tamer, but still capable of 100 mph pretty comfortably. Plenty enough power to render you dead at the scene in a heart beat. Ride stupid with no experience or skill on a Ninja 250 and you can get seriously injured or killed. Same can apply to a 49cc scooter. Your safety on a motorcycle depends totally on you, your mindset, your skill, and your ability to deal with whatever situation the road throws at you. The size of the motor in the bike has absolutely nothing to do with it.. 

1 person likes this

On 10/25/2017 at 5:07 PM, K1ckStart said:

I guarantee if I get something with power and speed I'm probably going to try to stupidly show off and get my self injured.

Or killed. 

I would suggest not getting a street bike if that's how you think you'll behave.