Where to Ride in E. WA this weekend ?

A buddy and I just got our suspension back , had everything revalved and resprung, and have yet to ride it.  We are headed to Elsinore GP in a couple weeks. So we would like to ride something  similar to that terrain to get a set up on our bikes. I think it's a safe bet that were not going to find a place like that on the west side of the mountains especially with the recent weather we have had. From the videos I've seen Elsinore has a moto section and a lot of high speed sections that are relatively "smooth". I'm sure  it gets hacked out from sheer volume but I have not seen huge whoop sections, though I sure there has to be some. Any recommendations for this Sunday?  I'm in Oly and am hoping to keep within a 3 hour radius of the house.

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, dirtbikesonny said:

A buddy and I just got our suspension back , had everything revalved and resprung, and have yet to ride it.  We are headed to Elsinore GP in a couple weeks. So we would like to ride something  similar to that terrain to get a set up on our bikes. I think it's a safe bet that were not going to find a place like that on the west side of the mountains especially with the recent weather we have had. From the videos I've seen Elsinore has a moto section and a lot of high speed sections that are relatively "smooth". I'm sure  it gets hacked out from sheer volume but I have not seen huge whoop sections, though I sure there has to be some. Any recommendations for this Sunday?  I'm in Oly and am hoping to keep within a 3 hour radius of the house.

Thanks in advance!

Huge whoop-de-doos? Taneum Junction got some and it's less than 3 hours away. 

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1

juniper has a lot of fun stuff and a variety of desert trail (sagebrush) and sand dunes with plenty of whoops! may be a tad over 3 hours from Olympia though but with the mx track (HRMC/DTMX) right around there as well that may just serve you guys for a great weekend of riding

I hear the Moses lake sand dunes are good as well but have never been :(

juniper has a lot of fun stuff and a variety of desert trail (sagebrush) and sand dunes with plenty of whoops! may be a tad over 3 hours from Olympia though but with the mx track (HRMC/DTMX) right around there as well that may just serve you guys for a great weekend of riding

I hear the Moses lake sand dunes are good as well but have never been [emoji20]

Thanks, think I’ll have to check this out at some point. Any guesstimate on trail mileage?

• 2 weeks later...