2018 500 EXC EU map, still flamesout.

So, the bike flamed out a couples times this ride and last ride. Kindof a pop, then stalls at min. throttle opening. 

Bike is de smogged, stock exhaust, screens removed.I've increase the idle already. Im thinking of "slightly" moving the TPS sensor to increase the fuel.

Someone said something about being careful when moving the TPS when the EU map is loaded on the bike.

Anyone know what the issues are? Any suggestions?

15 hours ago, stevethe said:

I'm not sure if you spend money trying to tune the stock ECU and ride a bike with a Vortex you won't just want a Vortex. 

Thats why I wont ride a bike w. the Vortex. lol

I think shipping him the ECU nd his mapping will be similar to what the Vortex does... ignition timing and fuel adjustments at different rpm settings.

Im looking for the 500 EXC beast and to be quit frank (haha), I dont feel more power than my YZ426 had.

Edited by YZ Yankee

On 10/28/2017 at 2:28 PM, YZ Yankee said:

So, the bike flamed out a couples times this ride and last ride. Kindof a pop, then stalls at min. throttle opening. 

Bike is de smogged, stock exhaust, screens removed.I've increase the idle already. Im thinking of "slightly" moving the TPS sensor to increase the fuel.

Someone said something about being careful when moving the TPS when the EU map is loaded on the bike.

Anyone know what the issues are? Any suggestions?

I have the EU map and screens removed and mine flames out occasionally.  James Dean suggests pulling the reeds out since the EU map is designed for bikes without the reeds.  Does your bike still have the reeds in it?

1 hour ago, LTJ said:

I have the EU map and screens removed and mine flames out occasionally.  James Dean suggests pulling the reeds out since the EU map is designed for bikes without the reeds.  Does your bike still have the reeds in it?

The reeds are out.

I'm happy with mine after Chris Blais got done with it. He added fuel and timing from bottom to top and upped the accelerator pump function. No stalls at all and pulls hard and smooth to over 100mph. I'm de-smogged, reeds removed, with a 4.1 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jefro56 said:

I'm happy with mine after Chris Blais got done with it. He added fuel and timing from bottom to top and upped the accelerator pump function. No stalls at all and pulls hard and smooth to over 100mph. I'm de-smogged, reeds removed, with a 4.1 

Thanks, I'm now confident he'll do a good job.

100mph.... what gearing are you running?

1 hour ago, YZ Yankee said:

Thanks, I'm now confident he'll do a good job.

100mph.... what gearing are you running?

I went +4 in the rear-14/49. This was on a level dirt road-I've seen 103 on a slight downhill on pavement. And yes, my tires/wheels are balanced.

22051038_10208131603921766_7106743354240960174_o.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 500excf said:

Btw how did you get the EU map in California with the new bike? Just asking because I thought ktm axed the Eu tune for the states. 

Blias requires that you already have the Eu map, for any further modifications.  They can no longer install a base Eu map , but other dealers still have the ability, not many but some.

• Like 1