'17 300 XCW clutch cover secrets?

I dropped my 300 today on a steep rocky descent. Not much news there, it was just a normal drop. I thought that both the bike and my body got away free. But when I unloaded the bike, I found a pool of clean oil, its leaking from somewhere under the mud on the clutch cover side. I'll wash it off tomorrow and see if I can locate the leak, assess how big the crack/hole is, etc.

Is there anything special I should look for? The parts fiche shows two covers, the outer small one, and a big one that covers most of the side of the engine. Sure hope its only the small round one....

10 hours ago, pat22043 said:

Good idea. I've got about 130 hours on it. Might as well look carefullly at everything under the cover.

You will have to pull the plates and hub to check them, I do not even bother checking since they are so cheap - just take it apart and replace them after 100 hours.

Edited by Mikek671

On 10/30/2017 at 10:11 AM, Mikek671 said:

You will have to pull the plates and hub to check them, I do not even bother checking since they are so cheap - just take it apart and replace them after 100 hours.

i just replaced the cover and the clutch dampers. The cover was crushed in and cracked. Moved in enough that the clutch was wearing bright spots on the inside. Pretty easy. 

Learned the hard way, do not try to put all the plates in the clutch and then install the six hardened pins. Rather, put some pins in the top, add some plates and when you get "enough" then put the rest of the pins in.