Hey guys I was wondering if you could tell me if this stator looks okay and is right. It’s off a 2010 KTM 250 XC. I just pulled it off the other day to grease up the e-starting gears, and I don’t know much about the ignition system so could someone tells me if this stator is supposed to look like this? I’ve since cleaned up all the black crude. Thanks 

3D9AAA7B-9148-4900-A27A-2118691F534F.jpeg

ED7941C5-32FF-495D-A164-3B5D20AE0C35.jpeg

Yes,its the proper one but needs some cleaning with brake cleaner.Yes and a new Gasket # 551.30.040.000 and if you put a  coat of stiff grease on both sides of the gasket,you will not brake it the next time you pull the cover off..

On 10/31/2017 at 6:46 AM, Clasen_Motors_KTM said:

Yes,its the proper one but needs some cleaning with brake cleaner.Yes and a new Gasket # 551.30.040.000 and if you put a  coat of stiff grease on both sides of the gasket,you will not brake it the next time you pull the cover off..

Do NOT use CLORINATED brake cleaner. You should use dielectric parts cleaner.

• Like 1

You can't really tell how your stator is or what condition it is in by looking at it. I had a stator on my 2015 KTM 250 XC-W die on me and it looks brand new. I had 60 hours of casual riding on it before it died. If your bike doesn't start or have some other problem with your bike then check your stator as it could be the problem.

• Like 1