Riding Video Editing Software?

Would it be a time to mention this or will I get yelled off this thread?  I'd MUCH rather hear the bike sounds than someone else's choice of music.  Nothing like hearing a healthy big bore 2t going thru the gears.  THAT'S music....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, motoxvet said:

Would it be a time to mention this or will I get yelled off this thread?  I'd MUCH rather hear the bike sounds than someone else's choice of music.  Nothing like hearing a healthy big bore 2t going thru the gears.  THAT'S music....

You nailed it. ?  By far my biggest complaint, and the one thing that has made me turn off many a video.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BoogieWater said:

Adobe premiere pro is great.  you can find cs5 or cs6 online as a torrent.  Google would be your friend in making this happen.

Be careful, a lot of torrents have viruses. ?

29 minutes ago, motoxvet said:

If it is an either /or I prefer bike noise. If the music is mixed down to a background level it is not too bad. But for me blasting, head banging music is not prefered.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dwrizzol said:

If it is an either /or I prefer bike noise. If the music is mixed down to a background level it is not too bad. But for me blasting, head banging music is not prefered.

There is nothing worse, though, than pop music.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bump. For anyone looking into video editing software I'd suggest steering clear of Vegas Creative software (formerly Sony Vegas). Unfortunately I started with Sony Vegas four years ago... it was cheap and got the job done but it was a bit slow and clunky. As I upgraded there were better features but it became increasingly unstable to the point where I was saving my work every 30 seconds and doing a backup file every 10 minutes. Sony has now been bought out by Vegas Creative software and I'm using Vegas Pro 15. It crashes every 10 minutes on average, if I turn off the GPU acceleration it crashes less often... every 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately I have to stick with it as I use my older work files quite a bit. 

Not having used other programs, I can't make definite recommendations. But here are some tips to add to whats' been mentioned here already.... 

Free software for beginners? Super easy to use and make something basic: iMovie for Mac users, Windows Movie Maker for PCs.

Free but advanced software? As you get serious about editing you start to want all the bells and whistles of the professional software. You can still get completely free programs that do a good job apparently. Avoid the free trials versions of expensive software, check out genuinely free ones like HitFilm Express, OpenShot, DaVinci Resolve and ShotCut for starters.

Happy to spend around $100 to $200?  I haven't tried it personally but I have heard very good things from friends about Cyberlink Power Director. It's almost as cheap as the Vegas stuff, renders videos much faster and appears to be very stable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GaiasGuardian said:

To me it worked better than Sony Vegas. It is Magix Movie edit pro premium that I was using before Premiere Pro

I believe you, I was just saying I hope they have improved as a company. Apparently they have !?!?!