Removing Husky 701 clutch cover

I see the 701 manual shows engine maintenance done with the engine on a stand.

How can I take the clutch cover off without removing the right footpeg/frame bracket which will mess with the swingarm pivot??? There's nothing in the manual and I don't want to cause an issue with the swingarm if I can find a work-around. ONE cover bolt is behind the footpeg! What a pain!

Thanks!

All the pics I found from those installing things like an aftermarket shift kit show the footpeg bracket removed. I don't think it will cause any issues with the pivot.

This guys said:

Installation was simple and straightforward. Lay the bike on its left side, remove the right side engine cover, replace the shift arm and springs, reinstall the engine cover, and go ride.

husky.png

• Like 1

Oh! That pic is handy. I wasn't sure how it worked behind there. So, the bracket is just a support and the swingarm won't suddenly flop around. LOL.

Okay, thanks!!!

Wish I could do a shift spring while I'm in there, but I'm only looking for the source of all the metal in my engine oil....... 🙄

• Like 1

Here's another view but on a KTM 690. Just pull the Footpeg/brake pedal mount and move it out of the way. You don't need to totally remove it.

Tip: The clutch bolts are different lengths. Make sure you get them back in the right spots!!!

37760754236_c2666fd6e2_h.jpgUntitled by Dan White, on Flickr

37404468384_8b6ac19323_h.jpg by Dan White, on Flickr

Edited by Force0321
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 11/1/2017 at 3:58 PM, B Squared said:

All the pics I found from those installing things like an aftermarket shift kit show the footpeg bracket removed. I don't think it will cause any issues with the pivot.

This guys said:

husky.png

I know this is kinda old. But, shouldn’t that last plate be in the long slot, along with all the other plates in the basket?

2 hours ago, Canyon 701SM said:

I know this is kinda old. But, shouldn’t that last plate be in the long slot, along with all the other plates in the basket?

I also posted this on SMJ to clarify your question, here's a print screen from the '19-20 SMC-R manual.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.57.22 PM.png

Edited by zibbit u2

What’s very strange though. My bosses 2020 690 SMCR had all the plates lined up, in the same groove. I know that because we had to replace the clutch case and basket, from rock damage. Do you loose the slipper capabilities if they are all lined up? 

4 minutes ago, Canyon 701SM said:

What’s very strange though. My bosses 2020 690 SMCR had all the plates lined up, in the same groove. I know that because we had to replace the clutch case and basket, from rock damage. Do you loose the slipper capabilities if they are all lined up? 

Nope it should work just fine.  With the last one clocked one tooth would result in the tip of the fingers being more supported which might prolong the life of the basket.

My '20 is clocked one tooth as per manual.  Maybe your bosses was assembled on a Friday.. lol

Edited by zibbit u2

21 minutes ago, zibbit u2 said:

Nope it should work just fine.  With the last one clocked one tooth would result in the tip of the fingers being more supported which might prolong the life of the basket.

My '20 is clocked one tooth as per manual.  Maybe your bosses was assembled on a Friday.. lol

Are you RS25 on Supermotojunkie?  Thanks again! I have a feeling my guy didn’t notice where they were when he took them out.