JMart training with Tomac?

He's burned himself out in the past going too hard. Let's see how this goes.

• Like 1

If true, I think it is probably good for the both of them. I'm really hoping for a strong year from JMart. And honestly, I'd like to see Tomac have a convincing year as well. MM will give him a run and possibly KRoc, if he's close to 100%. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, GoRide2 said:

He's burned himself out in the past going too hard. Let's see how this goes.

Where are you getting your intel from?  Any chance you can be a little more thorough with your posts?  A link perhaps that led you to know this? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fryboy said:

Where are you getting your intel from?  Any chance you can be a little more thorough with your posts?  A link perhaps that led you to know this? 

It’s a GoRide thread, no one is gonna care regardless.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Fryboy said:

It was pretty well publicized

O'Mara's program isn't for everyone 

• Like 2

Seems once Jmart and Big Al stopped training together full time Jeremy lost more steam, maybe this will help

Unless what I say is pure opinion, you can bet it’s factual

Edited by GoRide2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Fryboy said:

It might have been from GoRide which wouldn’t count as a source, but I remember reading about some crazy long bicycle rides.

Every rider’s body has a different limit they can train to, the key is having a trainer that understands when your body can’t take anymore.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoRide2 said:

Unless what I say is pure opinion, you can bet it’s factual

Would this had been so hard for you to do or mention?  Damn Pourcel fans  :smirk: 

1.PNG

• Like 4

There would have to be a beer on each of those tables for me to be interested in training that way.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

There would have to be a beer on each of those tables for me to be interested in training that way.

I'll supply the beer:devil:

• Like 1

In his words, it wasn't quite Epstein Barr or mono, but almost.  http://racerxonline.com/2016/10/03/monday-conversation-jeremy-martin

JMart is pretty political though, and he wouldn't blame it on anyone.  Seems as though there was a lot of talk and rumors about the amount of training with O'Mara and how he was overtraining with him.  I haven't found an article that confirms that, though.

Then again, in some races his lap times were faster at the end than in the beginning, so who knows?  Nothing's been confirmed.:excuseme:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jcm3 said:

In his words, it wasn't quite Epstein Barr or mono, but almost.  http://racerxonline.com/2016/10/03/monday-conversation-jeremy-martin

JMart is pretty political though, and he wouldn't blame it on anyone.  Seems as though there was a lot of talk and rumors about the amount of training with O'Mara and how he was overtraining with him.  I haven't found an article that confirms that, though.

Then again, in some races his lap times were faster at the end than in the beginning, so who knows?  Nothing's been confirmed.:excuseme:

All I know is he has never been back to his pre sickness/illness form.   Could it be mostly the crappy Honda vs the fire breathing YZ?   Yeah partly but he has shown flashes of his old self but seems to get tired now. He NEVER got tired on the YZ pre illness  ?  

• Like 1

He seemed better this year than the last season on Star but definitely not the same Martin of 2x championship runs. Do any of you remember him dumping the bike more than Webb and barely being able to get the bike up/back going? That rarely happened before his health problems

1 hour ago, Arctic Pride said:

He seemed better this year than the last season on Star but definitely not the same Martin of 2x championship runs. Do any of you remember him dumping the bike more than Webb and barely being able to get the bike up/back going? That rarely happened before his health problems

Totally.  I remember asking when I saw that whether he might have Epstein Barr or was overtraining, but all I got was a bunch of flame responses.

He'd drop it and it would take him 30 seconds to pick the bike up and get it going again. It was definitely not normal for someone of that age and fitness regimen if all was well.

2 hours ago, Fryboy said:

All I know is he has never been back to his pre sickness/illness form.   Could it be mostly the crappy Honda vs the fire breathing YZ?   Yeah partly but he has shown flashes of his old self but seems to get tired now. He NEVER got tired on the YZ pre illness  ?  

i wondered the same thing until he seemed to get more holeshots this outdoors than last year on the blue.

I will say this though, when riders are discouraged and tired, they throw stuff away and make stupid mistakes. JMART has made a lot of just dumb tip over stuff this year. Last year I was shocked to see him crash at I think Washougal or Wick, and he just casually walked over and picked up his bike. He doesn't have the eye of the tiger.

AMART on the other hand, rode with swagger and was charismatic. What a switch!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jcm3 said:

Totally.  I remember asking when I saw that whether he might have Epstein Barr or was overtraining, but all I got was a bunch of flame responses.

He'd drop it and it would take him 30 seconds to pick the bike up and get it going again. It was definitely not normal for someone of that age and fitness regimen if all was well.

I am on the fence about this. His fitness is spotty, one race he looks like he can go an hour each moto, other's not so much. I have Epstein Bar. When it flares up trust me the last thing you can do is even think about finishing a moto. I just want to get to work without passing out. But if he had it, the only thing he could do is make it worse especially if he continues to push

Very poor jumping biomechanics. His femurs are internally rotating and he is showing signs of valgus. Change technique or knees won't last long

• Like 2