'16+ 4T shorter turn throttle option

The BETA's stock throttle tube uses a progressive cable cam to provide a smooth off idle (through half throttle) throttle transition.

For some of us, the combination of the throttle 'lag' and the power lag, are too much.

Changing to the quick turn throttle is very easy to do, if you pick the correct parts. 

Depending on where you go on G2's website, you may think that they do not offer this option for the bikes after 2015. But they do, it's just harder to find.

Installing is a literal swap-out, with no mods, no confusion.

The photos show the correct model numbers you will need. The throttle tube, housing, and internal parts must all be changed.

On their website they state the new throttle tube's rotational distance as 'stock, less 10% due to it's larger size'....but they don't mention the removal of the progressive camming as well. 

Essentially, you are getting a throttle turn that is now a straight pull / linear turn, with no progressive camming, with a 10% reduction in rotational distance.  It feels like a 50% reduction!

This is G2 cam size 100. They also have 50 and 25 sizes available, which are 13% and 17% reductions, respectively. 

The test ride is this Sunday.....

.20171102_161624.thumb.jpg.691e3cac2f0fee2a46b1ce21fe0548b7.jpg20171102_161642.thumb.jpg.5276ed63a457a068a9063e65608b4b7f.jpg

Edited by THE KRAN
  • Like 3

I had been wondering if I was going to have to live with the lack of "front wheel lift with the crack of the throttle" on demand or have to slip a lil clutch every time I needed to send the rear end out around a corner or pop a root, ledge, rock or whatever.  

Hoping the quick turn throttle will be the answer....

9 hours ago, Brock Warwick said:

I had been wondering if I was going to have to live with the lack of "front wheel lift with the crack of the throttle" on demand or have to slip a lil clutch every time I needed to send the rear end out around a corner or pop a root, ledge, rock or whatever.  

You will get a noticable improvement, but it's never going to give you YZ / CR / RM / KX type throttle response without some clutch.

You get used to it and prefer it when it comes to sketchy climbs, and you miss it when it comes to keeping up with your buds on the straights...

15 hours ago, Brock Warwick said:

Ben, is the Kran's setup the same as yours (without the Jimmy Twister)?  What cam did you get?

Yes, Kran got the same setup I got.  

The aluminum tube and the quick turn cam, 20-200D is what I have, along with the Domino 2T throttle housing.  The combination is awesome.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brock Warwick said:

With a new tire on the back, and even with a worn tire, the 500 RR-S I have can lift the front easily, anytime I want.  Other than when I had 15/48 and the bike was new to me, I have never needed to slip or fan the clutch on this bike.  

Get the QT throttle from G2.  If you don't like it, send it back and they refund your money.  

• Like 1